• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m-series front float shock length

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I am sure that if you found a set that was close with the right sized eyes on either end they would bolt up. However, the whole reason that you upgrade shocks is so that they work better. If you get a set that is not right for the machine, the stroke length might not be right and the valving won't be right either.

Could you potentially find a cheap set somewhere that would fit, or even a set made for the M? Sure, just don't be dissapointed if they don't perform as well as you think they should.

In my experience it is better to purchase the shocks fully set up for YOU the rider. If you find a used or generically setup set for an M sled then have them revalved for you. It does cost more, but overall people are happier with the end result.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
I had a set of 17" floats off a King cat on my m7 and hated them. Always seemed like i was high centering my bellypan more then i should have been. Also I think my skis would hit the bottom of my belly as well when they were flexed out. Stick with the correct length or maybe a hair longer. But i agree with the guy above.... valving is everything

Premium Features