• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 800 XP Fuel gauge problem

A

AMSOILR

Nov 9, 2008
Idaho
What has been the problem with the XP fuel gauges? (Gauge, sender unit or fuse holder) Are they warrantied? Mine is not working at all. All I get is a low fuel light. :(

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
1 - if no work, replace fuse
2 - if work partly, try rotating sender incase it is stuck on tank wall
3 - if reflash has been done, don't expect it to ever go above 3/4 tank but seems to work okay from there down

To much hastle to go any farther for me/

H
Jan 1, 2008
Denver
Fuel gauge and hot grip gauge not working

I have the same problem with my 08 XP 800X. The fuel or hot grip display is not present on the dash gauge. The dealer didn't seem to think a computer flash would fix it. I wish Ski Doo would have better customer service. May try other brand next time.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
elec probs are time consuming

pull the hood off and take out the 5 screws that hold the headlight assembly and remove.there will be a BIG wire harness there (2).trace from the weather pack connector to the hand warmer switch and check for continuity from switch to weather pack conn(possably broke wire)same for the fuel gauge.

you can also trace to a relay or sending unit.

GROUNDS.shop manual is a great tool but not cheap,i got mine at I-90

fuel gauge)put a spare on the tunnel and dont worry about it,keep track of average miles before the sled runs out of gas 80-100.

dont forget to push the tunnel down when fueling it will give you3/4 to 1.3 gals more.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
I have the same problem with my 08 XP 800X. The fuel or hot grip display is not present on the dash gauge. The dealer didn't seem to think a computer flash would fix it. I wish Ski Doo would have better customer service. May try other brand next time.

sounds like that dealer needs a attitude adjustment.

try re flash wont know if you dont try.ask the kid in the shop or desk if anyone there is familiar with the budds systems,if under warranty,i know some were replaced doo to similar probs,if re flashes didn't work they had to replace instrument cluster.

its the dealer not the manufacturer that is giving you greef.

A

AMSOILR

Nov 9, 2008
Idaho
Skidoo should be proud

1 - if no work, replace fuse
2 - if work partly, try rotating sender incase it is stuck on tank wall
3 - if reflash has been done, don't expect it to ever go above 3/4 tank but seems to work okay from there down

To much hastle to go any farther for me/

I've been through all of the things listed above and the gauge is exactly as Teth-Air says, reads no more than 3/4 full. It's better but not right. Piss poor system, Skidoo should be proud.

Premium Features