• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Last round of Midwest classes before Christmas-Mike Duffy

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Avalanche1.com
Avalanche education for mountain riders.
Last round of Midwest classes before Christmas.
Discount on avalanche gear for all participants.

Two different classes offered. Meet the people you want to ride with, get ready for the season and improve the skills of your riding group. Limited space.

“Avalanche Awareness, Avoidance and Rescue” Updated and revised presentation. Learn how to avoid deadly mistakes, what equipment works best, human factors in avalanche accidents, how to rescue effectively, increase your chances of surviving an avalanche, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, recognize trigger points, analyze stability and increase your survival skills.

Dec 1. Algona, IA Lake Mills Motorsports 2 Monday 6 p.m.
Dec 2. Cedar Rapids, IA McGrath Powersports Tuesday 6 p.m.
Dec 3. Peru, IL Leone’s Polaris Wednesday 6 p.m.
Dec 4. Cannon Falls, MN Cannon Powersports Thursday 6 p.m.
Dec 5. Delano, MN Star West Motorsports Friday 6 p.m.
Dec 16. Fargo, ND UMotors 2600 Main Ave Tuesday 6 p.m.
Dec 18. Sauk Centre, MN Country Cat Thursday 6 p.m.

Avalanche Rescue Skills Class.

“Avalanche Rescue Skills” New classroom session with hands-on, demonstrations, Powerpoint and video. This is the next step in classroom education. Emphasis is on avalanche transceivers and rescue techniques. Class will start with a quick review on avalanche accidents and reading avalanche reports. Will progress to more advanced avalanche rescue techniques.
Students should bring their avalanche gear to class (beacon, shovel, probe, pack).

Dec 17. Monticello, MN Moon Motorsports Wednesday 6:00 p.m.

Mike Duffy
Avalanche1.com

Last edited:
S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
picture.php

sconnierider

Premium Member
Nov 10, 2010
Madison, WI
Avvy Training

IF you ride in the mountains and you've NOT gone through a class like this, then you are a fool. I attended Mikes class in Madison, Wi at Englehards. Mike changed how I look at the mountains. The stories he has will have you re-thinking how and where you ride. I learned more than I could imagine. I went out and bought the gear for my son in Vail and just completed my purchases online. DON'T be a statistic. Go to the course.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Classes are filling fast and may sell out. Sign up now to be ready for your trip.
Avalanche1.com
Last round of Midwest classes before Christmas.
Discount on avalanche gear for all participants.

Two different classes offered. Meet the people you want to ride with, get ready for the season and improve the skills of your riding group. Limited space.

“Avalanche Awareness, Avoidance and Rescue” Updated and revised presentation. Learn how to avoid deadly mistakes, what equipment works best, human factors in avalanche accidents, how to rescue effectively, increase your chances of surviving an avalanche, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, recognize trigger points, analyze stability and increase your survival skills.

Dec 16. Fargo, ND UMotors 2600 Main Ave Tuesday 6 p.m.
Dec 18. Sauk Centre, MN Country Cat Thursday 6 p.m.

Avalanche Rescue Skills Class.

“Avalanche Rescue Skills” New classroom session with hands-on, demonstrations, Powerpoint and video. This is the next step in classroom education. Emphasis is on avalanche transceivers and rescue techniques. Class will start with a quick review on avalanche accidents and reading avalanche reports. Will progress to more advanced avalanche rescue techniques.
Students should bring their avalanche gear to class (beacon, shovel, probe, pack).

Dec 17. Monticello, MN Moon Motorsports Wednesday 6:00 p.m.

Mike Duffy
Avalanche1.com

Premium Features