• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is anyone running an EVOPS Turbo setup??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just looking for some firsthand user comments.

Any of our members currently running an Evolution Powersports Turbo setup on a Yamaha Genesis Engine??

http://www.evopowersports.com/Yamaha-Viper-Arctic-Chute-Turbo/dp/B00JGYTLB0

Product Details

This kit has been designed to be the best running kit on the market by utilizing our 20+ years of four stroke turbo expertise, the best components available combined with the most robust engine management system. The heart of our kit is a TiAL/Garrett GT 28 series that has both a custom exhaust housing and compressor cover. This custom turbocharger has a smaller A/R on the exhaust housing and a more efficient turbine wheel which gives us instant spool at any elevation. For fuel and boost, we use an EVO spec'd Advanced Piggyback Controller (APC) which allows us to install larger injectors, control ignition timing, and have electronic boost control based upon a manifold pressure and barometric pressure. We have also incorporated V-mAp multi map technology into our APC. This will allow customers run different boost levels depending upon the fuel quality available. A dash mounted switch changes the boost / timing mapping. The base tune is 91 Octane and 210 hp. The 275 hp setting is a 100LL avgas. The unit will be largely plug and play utilizing the factory harness plugs where possible. The APC constantly monitors barometric pressure and adjusts the wastegate to maintain power as you climb or descend from altitude. It also makes the running quality of the kit spot on regardless of temperature or altitude. Our kit does not run a head shim to lower compression. We are able to keep the kit safe at the boost pressures we run due to our ability to manipulate timing. We truly believe high compression and the associated throttle response with a very quick spooling turbo makes the most fun and ride-able mountain/trail sled available. We have spent an entire season refining this kit which has been tested at elevations ranging from 2000' to 12,500' in elevation. From Steamboat Springs, CO to Alpine, WY to Revelstoke, BC - This kit is 100% ready for domination!

• Garrett GT28 Turbo with Custom Housings
  • APC (Advanced Piggyback Controller) with Timing, Altitude Compensated Boost Control, Injector Scaling, Etc. - No Tuning Required!
  • Lightweight, efficient Water to Air Intercooler system
  • EVO Boost Recirculation Valve
  • V-mAp Pump Gas/100LL (210/275hp) Multi Map Technology
  • Direct Replacement 550cc Fuel Injectors with Scaling
  • Clutching Included
Yamaha Viper Big Chute TM Viper Turbo Kit
<dl class="attributeList"><dt class="itemNo"> Item No. </dt><dd class="itemNo"> PS-YVPR-BC </dd></dl>Base Mountain Kit TiAL GT28 $5,999
Option 1 Mountain TiAL GT28 Billet Wheel Compressor $6,599

Option 2 Mountain TiAL GT28 Billet Wheel Ball Bearing Compressor $6,999

picture.php

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
they make nice stuff if i didnt run boost-it kit i would probly run evo,all there cat stuff i have seen runs good & that tial stuff is sexy.:face-icon-small-ton

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
The only first hand user experience u will get at this time is their Cat System.. Other than some have rode the new Yamaha Kit.. The EVO is in a league of its own.. Due to EVO Engine Management System. I'm certain customers will be pleased these dudes know there chit!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That's what I am trying to find out.
I know these guys cut their teeth with Cat.
Is the genesis turbo system brand new then for this season?

Was it not out last year for the rollout of the Trail Viper?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
That's what I am trying to find out.
I know these guys cut their teeth with Cat.
Is the genesis turbo system brand new then for this season?

Was it not out last year for the rollout of the Trail Viper?

It is new for this season. Evo Developed it last season on a mountain converted viper. As far as EVO having experience with the Genesis engine they had a nytro with a supercharger on it that they developed all the nytro remaps they offer. The Viper turbo kit is being controlled by a separate ECU that allows evo to run an engine management system that was designed with boost in mind unlike the stock ecu in its current configuration. These things like throttle position, temp, pressure are all taken into account to build mapping for fuel and timing, etc. It is really slick and the same technology I hope to see from the EVO Crew soon in a two stroke turbo application as well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It is new for this season. Evo Developed it last season on a mountain converted viper. As far as EVO having experience with the Genesis engine they had a nytro with a supercharger on it that they developed all the nytro remaps they offer. The Viper turbo kit is being controlled by a separate ECU that allows evo to run an engine management system that was designed with boost in mind unlike the stock ecu in its current configuration. These things like throttle position, temp, pressure are all taken into account to build mapping for fuel and timing, etc. It is really slick and the same technology I hope to see from the EVO Crew soon in a two stroke turbo application as well.
I have had the pleasure of using their remapped ECU on my Nytro for the last seaon or two, so I know they know the mapping route just fine.

So the Turbo package is Brand New for the Genesis Engine this season.
Hmmmmm

This just might bear further exploration.....:face-icon-small-hap

I am an unrepentant Technology Addict who loves to try new things.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I have had the pleasure of using their remapped ECU on my Nytro for the last seaon or two, so I know they know the mapping route just fine.

So the Turbo package is Brand New for the Genesis Engine this season.
Hmmmmm

This just might bear further exploration.....:face-icon-small-hap

I am an unrepentant Technology Addict who loves to try new things.

Give Jim a call!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am feeling the itch to do a NEW Installation and Review.

I know the MPI line really well now and have had good success with both their Turbo and the Supercharger.

Might be fun to try something entirely new this season..

EVOPS seems to have the "electronics" control side down tight.
And their Air to Water inter-cooler intrigues me with it's claim of constant intake temp to the engine.

But there are a LOT of good options in the 4-Stroke Turbo marketplace right now.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
so much nicer if you have to work on or install + save a bit of weight no bolts
& so much cleaner & sexyer:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap but they do add about 1000$ cost to kit because of external gate & extra fabbing.:face-icon-small-coo

Also undoubtly for the buyer that wants to retain the stock header you would have to have a flange anyways. Also the external wastegate adds weight, size and cost like stated.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
View attachment 239124
so much nicer if you have to work on or install + save a bit of weight no bolts
& so much cleaner & sexyer:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap but they do add about 1000$ cost to kit because of external gate & extra fabbing.:face-icon-small-coo

Ya , i really like the looks and simple install of having the stainless steel Tail housing , it make for different header , downpipe design.
When my kit was build 6 years ago I remember being told by a local sled builder that i wasted my money on the external waste gated turbo , that it was not needed in the small engines of the sledding world , behold the change.:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Also undoubtly for the buyer that wants to retain the stock header you would have to have a flange anyways. Also the external wastegate adds weight, size and cost like stated.

everybody is using a adapter from the stock pipe anyway so it just needs a diff flange.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Ya , i really like the looks and simple install of having the stainless steel Tail housing , it make for different header , downpipe design.
When this kit was build 6 years ago I remember being told by a local sled builder that i wasted my money on the external waste gated turbo , that it was not needed in the small engines of the sledding world , behold the change.:face-icon-small-win

yah the extra cost always sucks but they look so nice & clean,+ a dream to work on,but a external gate is not a necessity just another peice that makes kits more versatile,at lower boost levels its more of a personal choice than necessity. i have heard there may be a tial v band external gate kit for the viper soon:face-icon-small-sho.

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
It would be nice to see an exhaust housing that has a V band inlet and outlet that is internally wastegated.

i will post a pic tommorw,it can be done but you need more room for your down pipe, it would tight with the configuration everybody is using.atp makes a adapter to do it.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
i will post a pic tommorw,it can be done but you need more room for your down pipe, it would tight with the configuration everybody is using.atp makes a adapter to do it.

I have used ATP's V band adapter on the outlet side of an internally wastegated setup. Adapters don't eliminate the fastener problems that are part of the conventional flanges. It is most important on the inlet side.

Premium Features