• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avalanche Awareness Seminar

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
I would like to ask all my riding buddies, how important is my life to you? I know that everyone I choose to ride with, your lives are extremely important to me. Did you know if you are properly trained it increases the survival rate significantly! (70% by one study). During an avalanche is not the right time to teach someone how to use their beacon or learn to use your own beacon.

A special thanks to the High Adventure Power Sports & Marine and Mike Duffy for putting on an excellent Avalanche training class!

I just wanted to mention that I have taken several avalanche courses and I learn something new every single time. I can’t emphasis how important it is to stay current, take refresher courses and practice, practice, practice! Don’t let your pride get in the way. Your perceived knowledge may not be your actual knowledge! Just because you have been riding all your life doesn’t mean you cannot learn something new.

I highly encourage each and every one of you to seek out a local training course and attend with all your riding buddies!

Some excellent take aways from last night’s class.

avalanche-training_zps9174767f.png

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We just had an Avy course here in Idaho last week.
There might have been 2 women in the course.
I think we need to work a little harder on this topic with our ladies!

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
We just had an Avy course here in Idaho last week.
There might have been 2 women in the course.
I think we need to work a little harder on this topic with our ladies!

There may have been 4 total in ours including myself and my good friend Kimi. One thing I found amusing was that he said "if you want to avoid avalanches, ride with a lady!" :face-icon-small-ton

I agree Christopher, we need awareness and knowledge across the board! Men and Woman alike.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There may have been 4 total in ours including myself and my good friend Kimi. One thing I found amusing was that he said "if you want to avoid avalanches, ride with a lady!" :face-icon-small-ton

I agree Christopher, we need awareness and knowledge across the board! Men and Woman alike.

And why is that Missy.
Good Luck charm, or just that they will keep you out of harms way by reminding you not to do dumb things?

Premium Features