• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Next target of the greenies???

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Booming demand for flat-screen televisions could have a greater impact on global warming than the world's largest coal-fired power stations, scientists warn.

That is frikken hilarious.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I say we all pitch in, buy a flat screen and go to one of their rallies.

Then toss the TV on the ground, bust it into a billion pieces.
Maybe we can give em all heart attacks and get rid of em in one fell swoop.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Then toss the TV into ruffy's Jeep so he can watch HD movies...

Fixed it for you.:p

It is an interesting article though. We are getting to the point where pollution and emissions are starting to be looked at and compared for every product, as it should.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado

It is an interesting article though. We are getting to the point where pollution and emissions are starting to be looked at and compared for every product, as it should.

I really don't mind them looking at stuff like this.
I think it is a good idea to examine how things are done and find new and better ways to do em.

My problem starts when groups like Enviro's come along and instead of working with companies to find better ways, they start suing to shut them down or drive the cost thru the roof.

They don't work with you, they work to destroy you.

take snowmobiling.
If the greenies spent as much on research and working with the makers as they do on law suits, we would have some fantastic stuff.

D

DOO DAWG

Dec 9, 2007
Arlington Wa. USA

Like how the building a Prius dwarfs the pollutants of building a Hummer??

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Like how the building a Prius dwarfs the pollutants of building a Hummer??

No, that would be an example of how not to do it.... If products are looked at from an LCA perspective the result will be more accurate.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Yes Ruffy, but sometimes the greenies cure, is worse than the original problem.

Compact Fluorescents? Ozone depleting CFCs? Spotted Owl?

They need to do a little science before they "create" a solution. There's no negative feedback with these idiots. They can "try" something, and they aren't held responsible for the outcome.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Yes Ruffy, but sometimes the greenies cure, is worse than the original problem. Compact Fluorescents?

What do you have against cfl's? The fact that recycling programs are lagging the changeover from incandescents to cfl's?

I agree that people are poor at choosing new technologies, that is why we need to just put a cost to pollution, then let the markets decide which direction to go. Just MHO, though.

Last edited:
S

sldgy

Wish I would have owned stock in whoever produces nitrogen trifluoride. $$$$$

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Wish I would have owned stock in whoever produces nitrogen trifluoride. $$$$$

If you are talking about the replacement of CFC's, it was Dupont.... I wonder how much they pushed for the ban in that direction, as they seemed to be the only ones with an alternative at the time.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Ruffy, at a time when some greenies are pushing for the centralization of pollution, (ie. electric cars) here's a bunch of idiots that are putting mercury in everyone's home, and calling it an environmental responsible thing to do.

Most states are giving up on recycling the stupid CF light bulbs. Its legal to just throw them in the trash. If they really wanted to help fight pollution, put up a X prize for a non-toxic, economical LED lighting, or something equivalent. Or maybe, they could get an education and come up with a solution, not just a complaint.

Again, their cure is probably worse than the problem. Someones' going to wake up, and require that hazmat remove CFs from every home in America one day. Ala, asbestos.

The class action against Wal-Mart over CFs is going to be the end of them. Just wait, it'll happen.

Premium Features