• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 turbo issues

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
A Friend has a 2010 M8 with stage 2 cutler turbo and just had the reeds replaced. It fired up fine after, drove in the garage, did the normal service of changing oils and cleaning valves. He fired it up again and loaded it on the trailer to take it home. The next day he went out to try and start it and it won't go. Originally he forgot to turn the kill switch back on but did after about 15-20 pulls, but now it just won't fire. I went over yesterday to take a look and it's like it's getting to much fuel. It will try the odd time to fire but barely. We pulled the plugs and it's got spark but seems like excessive fuel coming out the plugs when we pull it over. Told him I would ask if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

D
Nov 6, 2012
I know my stage 1 sometimes I have to hold the throttle pinned to start it. But I think that was only when I shut it off hot. There's a switch that came with the kit that suppose help with that. It shuts the ect sensor off for hot starts.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
It's flooded. Shut off fuel by removing gas line or pinch it with a plier. Just enough to shut off fuel. Hold the throttle wide open and pull till it fires up and quiets from running out of fuel. Might have to put in new plugs.

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
It's flooded. Shut off fuel by removing gas line or pinch it with a plier. Just enough to shut off fuel. Hold the throttle wide open and pull till it fires up and quiets from running out of fuel. Might have to put in new plugs.
Thanks I'll try that. Told him to bring it by the shop and I would look at it.

hcrider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2009
wyoming
toggle switch

hello
cutler uses a toggle switch near the key to bypass temperature sensor for heat soaked engines. make sure switch did not get accidentally flipped in wrong position.

Whimp

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2012
Laurel Montana
flooded

Cat uses ground to fire injectors and sometimes they get confused and stick open... which results in big time flooding.... just unplug the injector wires from the injectors and pull until it starts. Then plug them back in and away you go..... Happens quite often... Some of the other tricks the other guys have mentioned work with a mild flood or hot start but if they are Really flooded then the best thing to do is just unplug the injectors and pull pull pull... :) it'll fire.....

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
Cat uses ground to fire injectors and sometimes they get confused and stick open... which results in big time flooding.... just unplug the injector wires from the injectors and pull until it starts. Then plug them back in and away you go..... Happens quite often... Some of the other tricks the other guys have mentioned work with a mild flood or hot start but if they are Really flooded then the best thing to do is just unplug the injectors and pull pull pull... :) it'll fire.....
Ok thanks, I'll try that tomorrow, almost ran out of patience.

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
thanks whimp. I unplugged the injectors and pulled for some time, but it did fire. I let it run till it died, plugged the injectors back in and away she went. Thanks a bunch.

Premium Features