• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which skid plate?

kinneyt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Wing, MN
I am in need of a new skid plate.

What do you use? what don't you like about it? what do you love about it?

I ride a 2014 Berg 501

A
Oct 31, 2011
Coeur d Alene Idaho
I love these skid plates. Makes them for all major bike brands and they fit really nice, effective, durable, light, good price! http://www.sxslideplate.com/full-plates/

Whats awesome is he makes the skid snowshield which keeps the snow off your motor to help it run at normal operating temps. Very important with the FI bikes.

Summer time he has a full skid for linkage bikes. literally makes the bike slide over logs etc. check umm out.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If you go carbon finer there is only one company ! P3. There stuff is the best, super thick and actual carbon finer. Expensive and hard to get. Their pipe guards are the bomb, tried every brand on the KTM 300 and my P3 is the only one that didn't melt and held up forever !

I see Slavens has the new coloured plates from P3. Looks nice

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I run the black Acerbis plastic skid plate for the SXF/XCF. Fitment is good and the sides come up and protect the edges of the case as well. Cheap too, I think I paid around $60 for it. 1 bolt to drop it for oil changes. It hooks on the back cross member on the frame and bolts up front. I purchased mine from my local KTM dealer after I took them the part number. From Cyclebuy it's KTM AC-225029.

http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/acerbis/skidplate_ktm.htm#Larger_Images

K

khogan

Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Sxf skid plate

I love these skid plates. Makes them for all major bike brands and they fit really nice, effective, durable, light, good price! http://www.sxslideplate.com/full-plates/

Whats awesome is he makes the skid snowshield which keeps the snow off your motor to help it run at normal operating temps. Very important with the FI bikes.

Summer time he has a full skid for linkage bikes. literally makes the bike slide over logs etc. check umm out.

I had an sxs skid last year on my ktm. Pretty simple kit made out of hdpe plastic.

Fairly disappointed that the bar in the back wouldn't stay hooked (too short). All the other fasteners are into aluminum bar stock that either strip easy our rattle themselves out. More than once had to throw in the towel when it would fall off and put it in my backpack to get home. Just finished drilling and tapping more bar stock. This time used a lot of blue glue. Giving it one last chance.

Last $175+ shipping......seamed pretty high for what you got and how it fell off.

Just want I learned last season.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
Ck out the ones I have made. They are simple and by far best snow protection available. On eBay or garysengine.com. Pretty easy on and off. 1/4" skid plate w 1/8" sides.

I had an sxs skid last year on my ktm. Pretty simple kit made out of hdpe plastic.

Fairly disappointed that the bar in the back wouldn't stay hooked (too short). All the other fasteners are into aluminum bar stock that either strip easy our rattle themselves out. More than once had to throw in the towel when it would fall off and put it in my backpack to get home. Just finished drilling and tapping more bar stock. This time used a lot of blue glue. Giving it one last chance.

Last $175+ shipping......seamed pretty high for what you got and how it fell off.

Just want I learned last season.

Wow - sorry to hear you've been having trouble with it. Next time let us know!

We've only heard of one person breaking one, he contacted us and we replaced it for him.

Premium Features