• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer floor ?

Long Gone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
Do a search on the forums here. There are a ton of threads that have already discussed this. The best is probably Rhino line or equivelent, or do a 2 part epoxy garage floor liner.

A
Dec 8, 2007
I used an oil based deck sealer and ski skins. My buddys sled trailer has a truck bed coating and it is damm slick on the doors and the carbide runners have cut the coating up. I think the cost of replacing the wood floor is cheaper than doing Rhino coating . Just my $.02

A
Feb 17, 2008
Chugiak, AK
Go to your nearest gravel pit and get a piece used conveyor belt. They replace these regularly off the conveyor systems. You can find them in 4 or 5 foot wide and hundreds of feet long. You will end up with a seam someplace but I just use black duct tape every couple of years. I also put just a few screws in by the loading doors. You then can knotch windows in the belting for you tie downs. Your trailer floor will never get wet, carbides/studs don't do any damage at all. The only draw back is the weight. I would guess 2-300 pounds in a 27ft trailer. Has worked very well for me.
:beer;:beer;

K
Jan 30, 2008
Utah
I used herculiner from checker auto parts and I am totally satisfied with it. It is a liitle slick when its wet but it holds up very well, I have had it in my trailer for 4 years.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I just bought a new trailer and was wondering what is the best thing to use to treat the floor

The "Swisstraxx" stuff is apparently what Mirage puts on their floors from the factory.

My dad and I are going to see what it would cost to do the floor on his Charmac with this stuff.

I'll let you know how it goes.

The "Swisstraxx" stuff is apparently what Mirage puts on their floors from the factory.

My dad and I are going to see what it would cost to do the floor on his Charmac with this stuff.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I dont think the Swisstraxx is the same as in my Mirage, prolly better but not the same. The Mirage floor is all one piece rolled out and bonded to the plywood, same design tho. Great floor BTW.

C

cat600x2

Nov 26, 2007
w.w. hills
I dont think the Swisstraxx is the same as in my Mirage, prolly better but not the same. The Mirage floor is all one piece rolled out and bonded to the plywood, same design tho. Great floor BTW.

actually the flooring in a mirage the covering is bonded to the plywood befor it goes in, checked on price about 250.00 a sheet from mirage.just my .02:)

T
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
I just used a 1/4" sheet of plywood to screw to the main floor. I coated it with some waste oil to preserve the wood, and no, it's not slippery (I coated it in the spring so it would have all summer to set). Easy and cheap to do and if I ever needed to sell the trailer, the layer will come off and there is a brand new floor to the buyer.

D
Dec 31, 2007
n. idaho
i put thompsons water seal on mine when it was new (03). i put it in a weed sprayer and put it on THICK so it was a puddle. the carbides on my sleds dont even scratch the wood . i did this in the summer when it was 90 outside so it really soaked in

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I went to walmart and bought the gray floor paint with the sand in it. Works great, is not slippery and lasts a long time. You can always put on another coat later to freshen it up. Best thing is its cheap. $24.00 to do an enclosed 3 place trailer.

Premium Features