• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T3 spindles vs. SLP spindles

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
I am going to do new spines this year with the new DS2 skis. Wondering if the T3 spindles are better than SLP or vise verses. Both seem to be about the same price just curious if anyone has had experience with either. Thanks and pray for snow!!!

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
SLP is 1 step more aggressive...the XM spindle/DS2 kit is a noticeable improvement on ANY XP...BJ

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
SLP is 1 step more aggressive...the XM spindle/DS2 kit is a noticeable improvement on ANY XP...BJ

Was able to save $80 with the T3 spindles so ordered up and hope they work with my S-36 kit. Will update once on!! Pray for snow!!

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
How do you order the t-3 spindles without the skis? P/N? I have a 2014 REV-XP 600 Sport with stock 40" ski width.

What makes SLP more aggressive?

BCB

Ski doo has a parts and accessories website and all the 2015 sled parts are up through the parts phish. Just look up 2015 summit x t3

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I believe you will need the a arms that go with the T3 spindles.....I may be wrong about this, but I just installed the whole kit on a XP and the lower ball joint has a lot more angle ( as mounted in the a arm) than the old arms. Just looking at it, I don't think the older arm/ball joint will provide enough angle to match the new spindle. Upper is different too but not as noticable.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
I believe you will need the a arms that go with the T3 spindles.....I may be wrong about this, but I just installed the whole kit on a XP and the lower ball joint has a lot more angle ( as mounted in the a arm) than the old arms. Just looking at it, I don't think the older arm/ball joint will provide enough angle to match the new spindle. Upper is different too but not as noticable.

I am hoping that your wrong for once:) otherwise looks like I got some spindles for sale or trade. I was at the dealer looking at the XM front end vs T3 and it looked/seemed as the spindle changes angle and updated with new lighter a-arms. But we will see shortly. Don't know if the 2010 spindle is any different but seems more like the "style" of the T3 spindle.

Found this write up on the new RAS2 front end:
http://maxsled.com/snowmobile/2015-snowshoot-journal/

Again hoping they will bolt on, I have a '10 with a S-36 kit bolted on.

Last edited:
W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Here is what I am working with now on my 2010…sorry for the neck cramp stupid sideways pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 295

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I'm not at the shop right now, but notice the lower ball joint is forward of the shock? On the T3 it is straight out from the shock mount and angled back about 18 degrees (Iphone measured LOL) from what you have now.
Pics later.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Had some time and bolted on the new spindles…looking like they will work!! No binds no clearance issues that I can see. Got to get it on the snow and see what happens!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 235
W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Me too!!!:) just got some snow enough for a rode ride to break in the sled from sitting. Will update once out on the snow!!

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
Im getting one of the s36 kits today and am going to install it at the lodge where my sleds are currently at. Going to take a bunch of tools and maybe press the ball joints in before I get there. Any install tips? Is there a way to tell which A arm goes on the right or left? Ive had these front end apart before when I powder coated them so it should be about the same install with the exception of re-adjusting the steering due to the new tie rods.

Have heard that these kits make a huge difference in side hill ability, guess we will see.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Im getting one of the s36 kits today and am going to install it at the lodge where my sleds are currently at. Going to take a bunch of tools and maybe press the ball joints in before I get there. Any install tips? Is there a way to tell which A arm goes on the right or left? Ive had these front end apart before when I powder coated them so it should be about the same install with the exception of re-adjusting the steering due to the new tie rods.

Have heard that these kits make a huge difference in side hill ability, guess we will see.

For sure press in ball joints before you go as they NEED to be pressed in. Take a buddy if you can cause it will help with install as there are some washers that be a bitch also if you have skid plate that will have to be removed for install. Yes there is a left and right can't remember but I don't think there is markings to indicate but there is a difference. Try and figure it out before you put it all together and find out it's wrong.

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
Got the kit yesterday and got all the ball joints pressed in. Took a look at the kit and its pretty easy to figure out what it left and right on the A arms. should be an easy install since non of my sleds are bent in anyway.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Nice man you will enjoy that upgrade. I did the DS2 skis at the same time which helped as well. Trying the DS3 skis this year.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Went out today for the first ride of the season. Just did 20+ miles on road. Noticed a HUGE difference in the bumps on the trail, way more predicable, also noticed that when getting it on edge was easier as well bbbuuuttt first hard right noticed that the steering/turning radius is way less then before even when going left. There is a bump stop welded to the lower a arm and was thing of cutting that off first before trying to modify the spindle. Thoughts on this would help otherwise might have to see if anyone wants to trade/buy XM spindles

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
So, what combination is right, I have an 09 X with Flex-Edge track, S-36 front end, Slydog 7" PowderHounds.
I'm going to install the DS2 skis I swapped out from my 14 XM, which spindle do I want to be looking for? XM, or SLP's??

Premium Features