• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding Near Ogden?

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
This may be a dumb question but I moved to Syracuse last Spring and im wondering if there is anywhere near Ogden that allows back country riding? We've taken the RZR up Farmington canyon and really enjoyed it. Can you ride up there? We also rode out of the South end of Mantua up to Willard Peak. I thought that could be some great riding if it was open?

Thanks!

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I also live in Syracuse, just west of the golf course. We ride up bountiful and Famington when we know that avy danger is low. Tons of people ride up in Monte Cristo area. Just east of Ogden. I haven't ridden there in years due to the amount of people. There are allot of areas within an hour of Syracuse.

D
Jun 28, 2012
Northern Utah
All those places you rode your UTV you can also ride a snowmobile. We used to ride Mantua pretty often, but the last few years the snow hasn't been good enough. When it is good there is some fun riding back there.

-Farmington, Bountifull, Monte Cristo, Hardware Ranch (when there is enough snow), Franklin Basin, Beaver Mountain.

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
Monte Cristo has a lot of back country riding, groomed trails etc. Great all around riding and a nice place to take the family etc. If you want to get the piss scared out of you try Tony's Grove up Logan Canyon. The terrain is much more challenging. Now we just need snow!

Premium Features