• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ready to tear it up!

C

crazy11bangbang

Nov 25, 2014
George, WA
I am 33 a Firefighter/EMT plus construction worker, my boss is an avid back country rider. I have been hearing about it for two years and wanted to get into it but only now have the funds. So if anyone knows about a decent deal on a sled message me, preferably a M7 or King cat. However I am open to any advice or recommendations. I am stoked to finally be getting started I guess you could say I am a virgin to this type of riding. I grew up in MN so all we have is lakes and groomed trails haha. I am also looking for gear or recommendations. I don't know what else to say just I am here to learn and have a blast get some adrenaline rushes and make some friends.

Last edited:

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
:welcome: to the forum.
Lots of info in here. Lots of fun out there.
Mostly good people and advice. Most are brand ( biased ) loyal which is good. They know their products well.
Get a sled and more important, get the proper equipment and the knowledge on proper use. Safety is priority one out in the steep and deep.
I highly recommend an avalanche safety class or at the very least find and watch avalanche safety video. The sport is amazingly fun.
Ride fun, Ride hard, Ride safe.

Nooby

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
welcome to the addiction. these days the sleds are pretty equal but feel different so find one that you feel comfortable on. that is the important part. They are all very capable in the mountains these days. the latest avalanche in cookie proves that they can happen anywhere so get right safety gear (beacon, shovel, Probe & airbag if you can afford it) and learn to use it. it doesn't matter what you ride it just matters that you do. have a safe season

Premium Features