• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Pistons for 2014?

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
I heard a rumor that for 2014 Polaris is going to make a piston with an aluminum body and a carbon fiber skirt, glued together with LORD adhesive.

What do you guys think of this idea? Would it be reliable?

Last edited:
K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--so long as they make the piston small enough...the more clearance the less friction, right?

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
I also heard a rumor pigs were going to fly and Obama was going to admit he's the anti-Christ.

K
Oct 21, 2012
Another scared doo/cat

Funny how riders on the other brands talk ****. Must have enough to talk about after they eat it out in the mtn's

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
I heard a rumor that for 2014 Polaris is going to make a piston with an aluminum body and a carbon fiber skirt, glued together with LORD adhesive.

What do you guys think of this idea? Would it be reliable?

mud... someone should kick you in the ding ding!!

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Not on a Polaris at the moment but I still have a question regarding this glued piston... Isn't the "Lord-glue" the media Polaris is using for the chassies? If so then if I'm not misstaken to un-bond/remove pieces glued together with this you apply heat. Last time I checked pistons got warm during everyday use, so I think it is unlikely Polaris is using the chassie-glue for anything that is getting warm.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Not on a Polaris at the moment but I still have a question regarding this glued piston... Isn't the "Lord-glue" the media Polaris is using for the chassies? If so then if I'm not misstaken to un-bond/remove pieces glued together with this you apply heat. Last time I checked pistons got warm during everyday use, so I think it is unlikely Polaris is using the chassie-glue for anything that is getting warm.

he is making a joke ha ha

Premium Features