• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Waiting for a 2014?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I basically had those shocks on my Pro and was NOT impressed. So much better options out there. A Pro with a full set of Raptors or well set up Foxes is much better. Is the chassis tougher on an Assault or is it just bolt on parts and cosmetics that make it different than a Pro?

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
The assault shocks are garbage. Get the pro and put some raptors on. The chassis has a few small changes. There is an extra cross shaft on the skid and the plate inside the tunnel is bigger where the skid mounts in the front. Also the rails have a steeper approach angle and are mounted about 3/4" down in the front arm

5.5switchback

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Epping, ND
I do not think that the assult will come with belt drive because the assult is intended for hillcross and back country where gear changes are needed. There are conversions to belt drive available if you really want it.

A

Aussie Niko

The assault shocks are garbage. Get the pro and put some raptors on. The chassis has a few small changes. There is an extra cross shaft on the skid and the plate inside the tunnel is bigger where the skid mounts in the front. Also the rails have a steeper approach angle and are mounted about 3/4" down in the front arm

Why garbage? Please enlighten me, I used them this year in oz and didn't have any issues with them bottoming out and found the adjustable factor great. I know there's heaps of after market shocks out there better but that means spending more $$ straight out of the box on a new sled.

S

Super Sled

Jul 10, 2009
Duluth, MN
I think the adjustable W/E's are great. Are Exits or Raptors great? Of course! But that doesn't mean the W/E's aren't awesome too.

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
Why garbage? Please enlighten me, I used them this year in oz and didn't have any issues with them bottoming out and found the adjustable factor great. I know there's heaps of after market shocks out there better but that means spending more $$ straight out of the box on a new sled.

I wrecked all Four of the shocks. They are cheaply made. They made it 2500-3000 miles

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I paid a grand to have my Pro shocks revalved and the remote reservoirs put on. The front shocks worked pretty good. Liked to be able to stiffen them up for a bumpy trail ride out or to get the sled to carve better in deep, heavy snow. But the rear suspension is just awful. Set up like the manual says(and I tried a lot of set up that didn't work any better) the rear sags almost halfway thru it's travel. Then it get's to a point where it almost locks up. I think a double or better yet a triple rate spring would help that but then I would have been $1300 into OK shocks. Another $700 for Tom's Foxes or Raptors and you are in heaven. The Assault comes with those shocks stock but if you want what the Assault is advertised to do you are much better off with better shocks. If you ride pow every day, no trail at all, you won't notice any problem. Soft snow doesn't test a suspension.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
I hope it can be set up, right now im tossed up between a 12 pro rmk 155 at one dealer for 12700 with 2 yr warranty an electric start but with intrest rate of 8% OR 12 assault with 2 yr for 12600 with interest rate of 5%

I was leaning too the assault because it looks more badass but now you guys are saying the shocks suck. Are they that bad ? Im coming from a skidoo renegade with little adjustment lol

R

ripalip2

Jan 23, 2008
everett wa.
rode a 12 pro rmk demo last season and the shocks suck , i have zbrozs on my 08 , hard to beat good after market shocks set up right

S

shell_guy

Jan 28, 2008
Red Deer, AB
I hope it can be set up, right now im tossed up between a 12 pro rmk 155 at one dealer for 12700 with 2 yr warranty an electric start but with intrest rate of 8% OR 12 assault with 2 yr for 12600 with interest rate of 5%

I was leaning too the assault because it looks more badass but now you guys are saying the shocks suck. Are they that bad ? Im coming from a skidoo renegade with little adjustment lol

I own a 12 Pro, the shocks are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be..... But that being said they are not even in the same league as Exits or Raptors. Coming off a Renegade you will be happy with either the pro or the assult, but the Assult shocks are better then the Pro. In summary the Pro is decent in the suspension department, the Assult is a step up, and aftermarket Exits or Raptors are in a league of their own.

L
Jan 29, 2010
i have no problem with the assault shocks personaly.
they made 30ft cornice drops feel like butter and most importantly they came with the machine.
even if i do need to upgrade at least i dont have to right after dropping 13K.

Premium Features