• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

greenies are at it again

B
Nov 16, 2008
survey done. to the people who fill this out make sure you let em have it on the comments section on the bottom of the form!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Houston ALASKA
I dont understand why when i go to ride in Hatchers and only drive up the road to the upper parking lot once i have to pay to maintain the area and then the snowboarders and skiers that drive up and down the road all day dont have to pay anything.

D
Dec 4, 2007
lol greenies? I don't see how this is byast at all, besides the question about motor sounds decreasing outdoor enjoyment.

This is a simple survey to give them an idea how the public wants them to allocate spending, some of you guys are to quick to jump to harsh conclusions.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Survey complete. It pizzes me off that they are running it again, along with the infiltration of our site by some lame azz back country skier. :mad:

WTF is some of your guys deal? There is plenty of mountains for everyone to play on and if riders dont have a attitude like this guy or the ones poaching areas it will stay that way. I ride as much as I have time but I also BC ski as much as I can. I just really canot believe some of you guys comments along with bottom feeders on the poast about poaching areas in hatchers, WTF was the point of asking how would you like it if we rode your side of turnigan? Your just looking for a argument. Also when we backcountry ski hatchers we have to pay to park just like everyone else, yes the people that are sking down to the road are getting away without paying but the ride is not very good either. I have met so many people on this sight that are truely great people but these couple of posts makes me not want to assosiate with snowmachiners.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
lol greenies? I don't see how this is byast at all, besides the question about motor sounds decreasing outdoor enjoyment.

This is a simple survey to give them an idea how the public wants them to allocate spending, some of you guys are to quick to jump to harsh conclusions.

Sorry I guess I should be more clear, I got the link from an e-mail that was sent to my wife from The Knik River Watershed group. If they are not greenies I don't know who is. The e-mail said for them to fill out daily so they could get the results they desired i.e more non-motorized areas. This is what I ment by "the greenies are at it again"

Last edited:
P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
I am in no way putting a positive spin on poaching. Nor am i in any way telling the BC skiers to not continue their activities. I am concerned about what happens to all of our area's and do not wish to see any closed due to a survey by the STATE. I am a avid skier as well, and i appolgize to any i offended about the BC skier posting on here about the poaching. You will never worry about me doing that, cuz i do not ride in Hatchers. One question, how many BC skiers use a sled to get to their fav location? I know that TGR likes to access the back country via snow machine. I love this state and do not wish to see it regulated like the NW.

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
WTF is some of your guys deal? There is plenty of mountains for everyone to play on and if riders dont have a attitude like this guy or the ones poaching areas it will stay that way. I ride as much as I have time but I also BC ski as much as I can. I just really canot believe some of you guys comments along with bottom feeders on the poast about poaching areas in hatchers, WTF was the point of asking how would you like it if we rode your side of turnigan? Your just looking for a argument. Also when we backcountry ski hatchers we have to pay to park just like everyone else, yes the people that are sking down to the road are getting away without paying but the ride is not very good either. I have met so many people on this sight that are truely great people but these couple of posts makes me not want to assosiate with snowmachiners.
A. I in no way shape or form am promoting the poaching of non motorized use areas. How many snowmachiners go into BC forms complaining?

Sorry I guess I should be more clear, I got the link from an e-mail that was sent to my wife from The Knik River Watershed group. If they are not greenies I don't know who is. The e-mail said for them to fill out daily so they could get the results they desired i.e more non-motorized areas. This is what I ment by "the greenies are at it again"[/QUOTE]

B. Do any of you trust the State to manage our resources?

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
I was not trying to say you were promoting it I just didnt think that the guy posting was doing anything that horrible by posting a concern about a snowmachiner on a snowmachining web sight. I was not trying to start a argument I just thought some of the comments made were just fuel for the greenys hate for moterized users, and most of us are out doing it totally legally.

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
Sorry I guess I should be more clear, I got the link from an e-mail that was sent to my wife from The Knik River Watershed group. If they are not greenies I don't know who is. The e-mail said for them to fill out daily so they could get the results they desired i.e more non-motorized areas. This is what I ment by "the greenies are at it again"

If that is true, then they are intentionally creating a bias in their survey which is not ethical, and the media should be allerted to this. Eg. Fox news, or local AK stations. Someone who does not cater to the liberal mainstream. Someone who would uncover the plot...

I ride in turnagain alot and really dont see the problem with everyone just getting along. I see you bc skiers all the time riding your machine over the top to get the tits conditions. So what! Have fun! I would really like to cross the highway and ride the other side of turnagian but i dont. I just think alaska is a BIG state and if i want to ride i will. the state just feels they have to have a say so in everything come on guys you know that. I wave and smile at everyone i see when im riding. Skier or machiner! Lets all have fun out there. Life is short spend it riding or sking. You will enjoy life more!! :beer;:beer;

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
If that is true, then they are intentionally creating a bias in their survey which is not ethical, and the media should be allerted to this. Eg. Fox news, or local AK stations. Someone who does not cater to the liberal mainstream. Someone who would uncover the plot...

since when has ethics or honesty ever been an concern for single issue agenda driven groups? this stuff happens all the time. the enviro-nazi have access to a much larger group of people through organizations like the seirra club, WWF, PETA and so forth. they send out notices to all of these groups and use them to send in mass mailings with the entire point being to bias the results completely to one side. it is irrelevant that many, if not most, of the people adding input live in some far off land/state. it is ALL about the agenda. nothing else matters. and please don't think the local AK stations don't have their own agenda, and it is very rarely going to match ours.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK

CJ this email needs to be forwarded to the DNR Commissioner, the Commerce Commissioner (snowmachining has major economic impact in AK) the Governor, and every member of the State House and Senate.

Sent you a PM

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
I am in no way putting a positive spin on poaching. Nor am i in any way telling the BC skiers to not continue their activities. I am concerned about what happens to all of our area's and do not wish to see any closed due to a survey by the STATE. I am a avid skier as well, and i appolgize to any i offended about the BC skier posting on here about the poaching. You will never worry about me doing that, cuz i do not ride in Hatchers. One question, how many BC skiers use a sled to get to their fav location? I know that TGR likes to access the back country via snow machine. I love this state and do not wish to see it regulated like the NW.
Can you hear that tiny violin yet Puff???? Haha i can.

Premium Features