• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Add oil to fuel and tie down spots?

M
Sep 15, 2014
Hi I'm just wondering how much oil to add to each tank of fuel? I was told buy a couple guys that they do this and it's a good idea, I figure adding a bit can't harm anything.

Also, what's a good point to run a ratchet strap on the rear of the machine? I just went through the aluminum cut outs on the skid? (In between the track)

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
0.5 oz/gal of oil in tank on standard sleds; 1 oz/gal for heavily modded sleds and turbos, per 3 of the best Polaris mod shops going...

Have FUN!

G MAN

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
If your breaking in a new sled, or new top end, I'd say 200:1(7 oz.). After that I run around 350:1(4 oz.) per tank.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I dump 5 oz of a degummed castor blended 50/50 with a TCW2 oil into each fuel tank. Never had an issue with oil-fuel separation and will check powervalves at end of season to see how well they are handling the sticky castor. I'm hoping that the castor will cost the pistons and cylinders and give my ride a longer lifespan

ALso add a little blended 2 stroke oil in my diesels to prolong the high pressure fuel pump longevity, my 3300 watt sine-wave generator that gets run 8-10 hours a day 7-10 days sraight while camping. Its a cheap chinese generator but has gotten 4 years of use andstill has like new compression. Add it to just about everything but my breakfast cereal.

Premium Features