• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Rmk Adjustable Coupling Block

C
Sep 2, 2014
Milbank, SD
Has anyone found/machined an adjustable coupling block for the stock suspension like KMOD uses on there rear swing arm? It would be nice to be able to couple the stock pro suspension. Anyone have any ideas.
Thanks
4%20postion%20quick%20coupler%20003.jpg

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Coupling the stock suspension is more complicated than just a coupling block though.

Agreed- to just put Kevin's block on and to change the suspension is not as easy- depending what you are lookinf for-
I have his complete suspension w/ raptors under my 340 HP T1100- and it works/ and works well- VERY WELL but it is part of the entire suspension working together!!

C
Sep 2, 2014
Milbank, SD
Yes i understand that its not as simple as bolting on kmods block. I was looking to see if anyone has made a kit for the stock pro skid. Skinz does it with an Fox air shock on the stock skid but I'm not going to spend $1200 on a stock skid might as well put that money to a turn key KMOD

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I have been contemplating this entire discussion in my head for months..

1.) The after market skids like Kmod, is there a science to the coupling and shock set up?

2.) Can you simply put on something like Arc, and have as good of a set up.

3.) A well set up stock skid with Arc, weighs considerably less than a Kmod or Timbersled skid. So does a person stick with stock and Arc?

4.) Just the simple addition of the Kmod coupling adjuster or Zbroz blocks, you will still need a lower rear arm. The stock one is not strong enough to with stand the beating.

Lots of questions to think about it. I was ready to write a check for a Kmod. I am now on a weight kick, so I am leaning towards stock with Arc.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Yes i understand that its not as simple as bolting on kmods block. I was looking to see if anyone has made a kit for the stock pro skid. Skinz does it with an Fox air shock on the stock skid but I'm not going to spend $1200 on a stock skid might as well put that money to a turn key KMOD

I agree and don't forget $1K just for the raptors in the rear and then you will want the front 4 sure-- but well worth the investment

I
Nov 26, 2007

1.) The after market skids like Kmod, is there a science to the coupling and shock set up?

2.) Can you simply put on something like Arc, and have as good of a set up.

3.) A well set up stock skid with Arc, weighs considerably less than a Kmod or Timbersled skid. So does a person stick with stock and Arc?

4.) Just the simple addition of the Kmod coupling adjuster or Zbroz blocks, you will still need a lower rear arm. The stock one is not strong enough to with stand the beating.

Lots of questions to think about it. I was ready to write a check for a Kmod. I am now on a weight kick, so I am leaning towards stock with Arc.

I have to disagree with 3. Timbersled is the same weight or lighter than stock, throw arc on and stock is definitely heavier.

Unless you're talking about Ti arms and carbon rails. In which case you're right but I don't know if that can be called stock.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Yup, it would all depend on what shocks you use. My kmod with raptors is heavier than stock. With Fox floats it would be lighter than stock I am sure.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
The numbers that were thrown out in another thread, are 39 lbs for stock and 50 for a kmod with raptors.

Can Raptors make that much difference? Weight wise.

When I said well set up stock. I meant a nice set of Floats. My biggest concern is how the skids work. Referring to #1 and #2. Is it as simple as putting arc on, or is there more to the coupling.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
39 sounds light for stock, I think it is closer to 45.

And it's not just the raptors that add weight, antistab, coupling block, thicker cross braces.

Last edited:
M

MATCO

Jan 2, 2010
edmonds, wa
I'm running stick skid with fox float 3 and ARC. The ARC is awesome. It can be activated on the fly and deactivated when changing to a side hill.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
39 sounds light for stock, I think it is closer to 45.

And it's not just the raptors that add weight, antistab, coupling block, thicker cross braces.

I am tempted to yank mine(stock) out and run it into town and weight it.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID

There is a lot of design and testing that went into the KMOD suspension. It's just as advanced as any stock or aftermarket suspension especially when combined with Raptor shocks

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Just an FYI, the stock skid was never designed to be coupled. Doing so could lead to possible skid and/or tunnel damage.

Personally the advantages of the Kmod skid w/Raptors far out weighs any weight concerns.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Just an FYI, the stock skid was never designed to be coupled. Doing so could lead to possible skid and/or tunnel damage.

Personally the advantages of the Kmod skid w/Raptors far out weighs any weight concerns.

Heed this advice!

A key feature of a coupled suspension is equal length arms. Look at M-10 (the original), KMOD, Timbersled, Xtra-12. They all have equal length front- and rear arms.

If you just block the rear scissor, you will have to either have it dynamic (have some give in it) like ARC does, or you must engage it pretty late in the travel.

If you remove your shocks and put somekind of makeshift block on the rear you will see that it will either break the suspension or the tunnel.

For a DIY solution to couple the stock pro skid, a limiter strap thing or a copy of Yamaha's pro-action suspension are your options.

Look 3 minutes into this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz5denu8Cec

Premium Features