• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whose riding already?

S

Seeker

Jan 26, 2009
Western Colorado
I bet 75% of guys wouldn't climb this hill, pic doesn't do it justice last half of it is almost vertical. There's an eroded chute in the middle so no turning out. If you don't make it up your sled will tumble down to the bottom into a pile of scrap lol.

Now that is funny....thanks for the laugh, I needed that. Hell, the ramp on our trailer is steeper....

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Now that is funny....thanks for the laugh, I needed that. Hell, the ramp on our trailer is steeper....

See it in person I doubt you'd climb it. Its not that i think its crazy steep its the characteristics of the hill that sucks. The last half is vertical and snow doesn't stick to it. Its basically an icey rocky path with large visual rocks. If you run the hill and halfway up you can keep to the edges its very easy to climb, there's just no traction up the center of it.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I've climbed snow banks bigger then that, please! Come on flatlander don't kid yourself, that thing compared to the vertical chutes out west and elevation changes we have does not compare, not even close... and yes more then 75% of people would attempt that.

If more than 75% of people like to spin their paddle tracks on rocks go ahead.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
dang i miss being 19 and having it all figured out :face-icon-small-hap

its all good dude you gotta expect some trash talk 75% of us riders have no snow !

let it snow

prorideupper800

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2013
Upper Pennisula of Michigan
Yooper Snow / Hill climb

I have 3800 miles on my 013 Pro most of it up here in Da Up, more powder riding than I ever experienced in the Western Trips I've been on at Cooke and Island Park. We had so much power last year you'd be Lucky to climb a hundred foot hill, but that's ok we don't want to many coming up here tracking up our snow anyways. :face-icon-small-hap

prorideupper800

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2013
Upper Pennisula of Michigan
Lots of Snow in Da Up eh

More powder here in the Upper than I ever experienced out west in Cooke City and Island Park. Always settled and all tracked up when we got there. Of course I know if you live there it makes a big difference. I've lived in the Upper 6 yrs now and have experienced many excellent powder days. 3800 miles on my 013 Pro 155 with camo extreme, last Year was Awesome you could get buried on a Hundred ft tall hill. So stay home we don't want too many coming up here tracking up our Snow. :face-icon-small-hap

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
See it in person I doubt you'd climb it. Its not that i think its crazy steep its the characteristics of the hill that sucks. The last half is vertical and snow doesn't stick to it. Its basically an icey rocky path with large visual rocks. If you run the hill and halfway up you can keep to the edges its very easy to climb, there's just no traction up the center of it.

Steep, icy, and rocky? Yea. It's short though. Don't ever let fear and common sense hold you back :face-icon-small-win
If the old iron can make it in 2006, the new sleds sure can. :face-icon-small-coo

The UP is a ton of fun and they get a lot of snow, but I'm still going to make the 20+ hr drive to the mountains every year, so....
I hope the UP keeps getting pounded! Congrats on the early run, I'm jealous

T
Nov 11, 2008
Managed to get 100ish miles in on my new Pro. First Polaris after being on Doo for quite a few years. Believe me it wasn't an easy decision to make. 3 year warranty helps ease the mind though.

Revy had a slow start but the base is there, just need the precip to come over the next few weeks to fill in the creeks. I don't post much on here but read all the threads.

Looking forward to a whole season on this sled.

S

shanny

Dec 4, 2007
Colorado
I bet 75% of guys wouldn't climb this hill, pic doesn't do it justice last half of it is almost vertical. There's an eroded chute in the middle so no turning out. If you don't make it up your sled will tumble down to the bottom into a pile of scrap lol.

I've climbed that hill many times. My old 05' M7 ate it up it with ease. It used to seem big to me too before I moved to the Rockies.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
75% of the people that are scared to try it make it everytime:face-icon-small-con

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Steep, icy, and rocky? Yea. It's short though. Don't ever let fear and common sense hold you back :face-icon-small-win
If the old iron can make it in 2006, the new sleds sure can. :face-icon-small-coo

The UP is a ton of fun and they get a lot of snow, but I'm still going to make the 20+ hr drive to the mountains every year, so....
I hope the UP keeps getting pounded! Congrats on the early run, I'm jealous

First time I made it there I saw a guy start spinning and somehow got his sled turned out without rolling down. No way I'd run it without studs or traction screws, maybe I care about my stuff too much?

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin

That's as far as you made it up the BFH? That is consequence free with fresh on it!

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Cool hill if you play in the trees on the sides! Otherwise it's for the studded trail sleds to rip up.
Just wait till you get west for your first time Indy! Your whole perspective on "Big Hill" will change! It's humbling every time I go!

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Cool hill if you play in the trees on the sides! Otherwise it's for the studded trail sleds to rip up.
Just wait till you get west for your first time Indy! Your whole perspective on "Big Hill" will change! It's humbling every time I go!

I actually ran thru the trees on the north side of the hill this weekend, probably a stupid idea this early was spitting up a couple rocks.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I'm from Michigan and the hills out west are way bigger !!!

I can't imagine our kind of horsepower out there though.. I go to Tog area every year and also ride South Range ... No comparison!!!

The 20 hour drive sucks .. but its 14 from my house in Kalamazoo to Houghton

Premium Features