• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Aftermarket Gauge System with Mapping

N

NYPRO

Sep 3, 2014
A display like that should also be able to communicate with stand alone engine managments.
Can-bus is a must!!

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
"Holy watch out for that tree" Izzni.

I don't know much about tablets and computors except that they sell a lot. I'm sure the future options like front and rear Go Pros will keep you busy for years.

Outstanding concept for todays generation. Hope you have a guy watching your back that knows his way around watching and shutting down copy cats.

If so I want in on your first stock option lol.

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
Would be great for those days when it is snowing heavily and could quickly navigate back to the trail head.
Great idea for sure. Keep on track and get this device to market ASAP.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
would your sled need a battery

No battery needed. The mount contains its own microcontroller that starts up immediately and keeps track of mileage and hours. The mount also has idiot lights for over temp, low oil, service engine soon, and low fuel so that even without the tablet portion of the gauge installed the sled can still be safely ridden. The tablet has its own battery for use when not installed on the sled.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
This is literally a 7" tablet, I don't know what to say... This is hard to believe

This is very real, as anyone who bought Izzni's (Stephan's) gauge reflashes can attest to.

This guy should be running Polaris and A/C electronics department...

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I have the prototype of the mount about 85% complete. Basically the only things missing is that I need to shorten the mount brackets by about 5mm, finish modeling the light tunnels for the idiot lights at the top, and make the mount for the circuit board that stays on the sled when the main display is removed.

The beta testing version of the circuit board is being made fab right now, so hopefully in a week and a half or so I'll have a video and pictures of it working on my sled.

Here are some pictures of the mount on my hood, which I dragged inside for all the test fitting I've been doing lately. The last picture is of the mount that will have working lights and keep track of the odometer and hours even with the main display removed:

Jkmola

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2014
Mid Michigan
I've been following this thread, and I can't think of one legitimate reason that I would need this for where and how I ride. But you sure make me want one! I must say, you sure seem to have thought of EVERYTHING. Nicely done.

soreloser

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NE Wyoming
Could a u swap this between 2 different rides? i.e. a RZR and a Pro? or would you need one for each?

cool idea could be really awesome

hiwayman

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Glencoe MN
Maybe I missed something here, but will it be able to save waypoints and will it leave a track on the map if you wish?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Maybe I missed something here, but will it be able to save waypoints and will it leave a track on the map if you wish?

Yep, those will be basic features. I plan to allow you to draw a track right on the gauge with your finger eventually as well.

I
Nov 26, 2007
I love this idea and want one a lot. But I also love rolling my sled to get unstuck.

Could you make a cap to cover the base unit and keep snow out to where a guy could pop the tablet off and roll the sled?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I love this idea and want one a lot. But I also love rolling my sled to get unstuck.

Could you make a cap to cover the base unit and keep snow out to where a guy could pop the tablet off and roll the sled?

Here's a picture of the mount without the display installed. That hole in the center of the mount will normally be filled (cut it out to save filament while printing test versions), so I don't think you will need a special cover to roll it after you remove the display. Removal of the display will initially be done on the beta test version using two thumbscrews.

Air_time24

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2009
Nelson BC
www.facebook.com
Count me in for a beta testing!

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys! My NextStageGauge is by far the smartest thing on the sled, tells me everything a guy could ever want to know and Stefan has been a great help with any issues and questions I had. :beer;

Last edited:
I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I managed to get a quick ride with the prototype yesterday. Things seemed to be working great! At idle the screen seems to blur a bit because of the shaking, but once you rev it up it stabilizes. I'll likely try adding some rubber isolation mounts to the brackets to see if that partially addresses that problem.

Next weekend I'll be riding with it for a full weekend, so that should be quite interesting to say the least.

There's a ton left to do on the hardware and software side of things, the hardware your seeing might just be a proof of concept, but things are coming along.

Premium Features