• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody tried the Doo T3 rail mounted scratchers?

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I saw these at the Doo dealer the other day. They were on a Summit 174" T3. They are reverse compatible and have little brackets to hold them up instead of hooking on the rails.

I currently run Duraflex scratchers, but they don't cut the mustard when the trails or lakes have a good ice coating.

Looks like they could be made to work with any sled.

Rail Ice Scratcher

BRP Part #: 860201140
$84.99

uploadfromtaptalk1416311840482.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1416311854311.jpg

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I just bought a set. I have not installed them yet. I presume that it will require drilling some new holes to do it. I run a Camoplast X3 which tends to run hot unless you are in deep snow. I like that Doo is using the scratchers on their 3" track offerings. I like the reverse compatibility and the down pressure. The little brackets are nice too. Depending on how they work, I may utilize the old scratchers too when I am in marginal snow conditions. However, I am hopeful that I will not need them because I don't want the added weight. I just want to bring the temps down when I am on the trail. I think that they may fill the bill on their own. I sure hope so.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Let us know how they go on. I forgot to pick my Duraflexes up the last time I loaded my sled last season and ripped them off on the end of my ramp. I have a new set still in the package and think I am going to go with the Doo scratchers instead.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I was at a local doo dealer at a open house and saw some new scratchers that were located way far forward- pretty small and not at all like those posted above- I think it was on their free ride models .
Dealer said it was for the 3" tracks and provided more snow spray as to why the forward position.
Were factory installed- looked pretty cool but did not have the back up option like the ones above^^

S/C

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I was at a local doo dealer at a open house and saw some new scratchers that were located way far forward- pretty small and not at all like those posted above- I think it was on their free ride models .

Dealer said it was for the 3" tracks and provided more snow spray as to why the forward position.

Were factory installed- looked pretty cool but did not have the back up option like the ones above^^

S/C

The ones you saw are the same as the OP's post.

The pics make them look big.

In reality they are small.
d6ca8bad50de16f9bfc58502ddef6249.jpg

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
These are the only two I have seen. They were on sleds at the Puyallup show and I looked at both. I didn't see another version.

They were the ones on the left .....
Yes when I saw the close up- that above^^ were the front mounted scratchers-
Looked like a good set-up for more effective spray down the entire tunnel!

Thanks for the clarification. :)

S/C

Last edited:

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
I just picked up a set of the rail mounted Doo scratchers the other day. Does anyone have pics of them mounted on your Polaris skid rails to post up here?

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Any chance they are going to hit our skinnier tunnels? Dimentions?

Seems like a good upgrade if I can just leave them down for those needy days.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Mounted mine over the weekend. It was easy. I used one of the holes from the stock scratchers and drilled one more each side for the scratcher and one each side for the hanger post (for when you don't want them down like going in the trailer, etc.). The only time that I have ever bent one of the stock scratchers was when I slid backwards on an ice chute. I don't have to worry about that anymore.

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
I went with the over the top performance reversible scratchers. They bolted right into the stock holes on my rails; no need to drill holes. Came with a similar bracket to hold them up as well.

Sneak A Peak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2013
Washington State
I went with the over the top performance reversible scratchers. They bolted right into the stock holes on my rails; no need to drill holes. Came with a similar bracket to hold them up as well.

Can you post up a pick for us? was looking at these but didnt know they came with a bracket to hold them up. thanks in advance.

Premium Features