• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carls Cycle/BD mod Turbo Pro

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Just picked up my new sled this weekend from Carls Cycle. I can't begin to explain how awesome and fast this sled is......and how quickly it makes power!
Boondocker 2860GTX Tial water/air intercooler, Polaris lite weight race crank, Carls cylinder/case porting, VForce reeds, Timbersled rear, ZBroz a arms and springs, Carls revalved front shocks, IceAge Rails, Holz/2Cool vents, ArcticFX Team Boondockers wrap, Carls clutch kit. Special thanks to Jack Struthers, Chris, Jake, Ward and Timmy at Carl's Cycle, Jared at Boondockers, Allen at Timbersled, Brock and Nick at Ice Age, Jordan at ArcticFX, Paul at Sled Solutions, Sid at Klim, MountainHorse and the guys at Zbroz. Now let it snow!!!

15pro.jpg 15pro1.jpg 15pro2.jpg 15pro4.jpg

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
dream build!

how is the transient response with the gtx/tial combo? how much quicker (if any) does it spool over the standard gt? what weights are you running in the primary?

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
The GTX/Tial set-up spools much quicker than the standard version; I wouldn't own a turbo in any other form. As far as how much quicker....well, if I had to quantify it, I would say it cuts the spool time in half. As for weights, granted I am running a modified motor, but I was running 72grams EPI's at 9lbs of boost. I plan to run 11-12lbs so may need to add weight. I was hoping to stay with 72s rather than bumping to 74s so I need to see how it responds when I turn it up. Only have 30miles on it so probably will wait until I put a few more miles on it.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
What do u do for work? Oh wait nm u pry dont work if u got that kinda money!!!

Holy balls man thats sweet someday ima have a sled like that

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
LOL, I studied hard in school, made good grades and became a Chiropractor. BUT, I have GREAT sponsors that take very good care of me and help me out a ton. She will be for sale at the end of the year though....and to see it in action keep your eyes out for Boondockers 12 next Fall :)

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
LOL, I studied hard in school, made good grades and became a Chiropractor. BUT, I have GREAT sponsors that take very good care of me and help me out a ton. She will be for sale at the end of the year though....and to see it in action keep your eyes out for Boondockers 12 next Fall :)

Probably every guy on here needs an adjustment!
Chiropractic is seriously the best medicine available

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
The GTX/Tial set-up spools much quicker than the standard version; I wouldn't own a turbo in any other form. As far as how much quicker....well, if I had to quantify it, I would say it cuts the spool time in half. As for weights, granted I am running a modified motor, but I was running 72grams EPI's at 9lbs of boost. I plan to run 11-12lbs so may need to add weight. I was hoping to stay with 72s rather than bumping to 74s so I need to see how it responds when I turn it up. Only have 30miles on it so probably will wait until I put a few more miles on it.

If you want to stay with the 72 gram weights just lower your primary spring finish rate. 1 gram up = - 200 rpm, 20# spring force down = - 200 rpm.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
It runs great with the clutching that Carls set it at; I won't be changing a thing. If I do run more boost I'll just run 74s instead

Premium Features