• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering Bushings

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Looking to get some steering bushings.
Which are the best to go with, Polzin or OFT?
why?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
My vote is for the Happy Face Performance Products bushings.

The Happy Face Performance Products steering bushings are in fact made by SnoWest user named "Polzin".

Nothing wrong with either of these options. Polzin's are lighter for the more weight conscience riders.

Bparks also makes an option; which is the stock plastic blocks with replaceable Delrin bushings for those that are even more weight conscience.

My choice is the 2010 Rush bushings and extruded aluminum retainer. For the ultimate in strength verses weight.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
The Happy Face Performance Products steering bushings are in fact made by SnoWest user named "Polzin".

Thought they looked really familiar, as I installed a set of 3 acquired from Happy Face on a sled yesterday. Too funny.

EDIT: Gotta admit these are some extremely nice items. Going to have a set on the way for my sled very soon.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Thought they looked really familiar, as I installed a set of 3 acquired from Happy Face on a sled yesterday. Too funny.

I talked to Sam (HFPP) for a while yesterday and he happened to mention that while they could build a similar product they felt carrying Polzin's was the right business decision for them.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I talked to Sam (HFPP) for a while yesterday and he happened to mention that while they could build a similar product they felt carrying Polzin's was the right business decision for them.

They sell some Fire n Ice products as well; strap kit, belt deflection kit.....

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
That is correct happy face products does sell my bushings I just sent them a new shipment
Yesterday! Great people to work with !

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Yeah the racer style, I forgot about those!

picture.php

Here they are shown on Alt Impacts TI steering parts. They really save some weight as the fasteners are 1/3 as long and much less bulk overall.

The '10 Rush style bushings weigh 50 Grams each (as shown) w/o fasteners.

The stock Plastic ones with the worthless aluminum strap weigh 90-91 Grams w/o fasteners.

If you add in the necessary fasteners the '10 Rush style are easily less than 1/2 the weight of the solid stock plastic bushings.FWIW

Premium Features