• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'14 Pro RMK QuickDrive break-in/reliability thread

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Drive belt

I no this a 14 belt thread but I have 2250 miles on my 13 still running the stock original belt. but I pulled the aluminum drive shaft and put the steel one in from mile one. I also had the driveshaft trued so it was running true from day one. I think that maybe some of the problem for guys having multiple belt failures. They should have a machine shop check the runout on their driveshaft if it's way out it will cause Inconsistant belt tension (loose then tight) every revolution and could be the culprit. Figured I would throw that out there

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
My first polaris, do you have to carry a spare quick drive belt?

I immediately bought a spare QD & Happy Face QD install tools. I carry these along with the appropriate tools in my Mountain Addiction bag. It's a belt, It's eventually going to fail. There are some spots you just can't get towed home from.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I immediately bought a spare QD & Happy Face QD install tools. I carry these along with the appropriate tools in my Mountain Addiction bag. It's a belt, It's eventually going to fail. There are some spots you just can't get towed home from.

Agreed^^^^ It is a mechanical device that can and will fail-
Why take the chance- having a spare drive belt makes sense-so a spare QD belt is a no brainer.
Hate to see the look on my riding buddies face when he shakes his head in disgust if I didn't
Cheap insurance IMHO- and breaking in that new QD belt should be preformed just like a drive belt- so when you need to hammer it from where you are in the back country- your giving the belt a fighting chance to win.
I have a 2104 New left over 200 miles and no issues so far- with allowing the belt to cool off as required.

S/C

Last edited:
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
So true in the mountains about having spares.

When mechanical reverse in chaincases became a normal option, heading out without a spare chain was bad manners lol.

Premium Features