• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris tether

Z

Zak.V

Jul 28, 2011
My Polaris tether does the trick for me
RK7impL.jpg

S

snelson

Feb 12, 2011
Eagle River AK
I bought the Polaris tether and had issues with it when tension was applied to it. (I wrap my tether around my wrist and its somewhat short for that.) I switched to the Pro Armor and really like it. The person I sold my last PRO to is having similar issues with the stock Polaris tether. I would highly recommend the Pro Armor

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Other than a stuck throttle, what purpose does a tether serve? I guess I don't see the point? If it engaged the brake to prevent a ghost ride, well then I would be a buyer. :face-icon-small-sho

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Other than a stuck throttle, what purpose does a tether serve? I guess I don't see the point? If it engaged the brake to prevent a ghost ride, well then I would be a buyer. :face-icon-small-sho

A stuck throttle is reason enough! I have seen several videos of guys with a full throttle sled on top of them eating them alive! One guy lost his arm from the elbow down when it was pulled into the track. Another video showed the removal of a guys coat from his back down to some very raw hide with a stuck throttle and a raging track.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Tethers are like fire extinguishers.... When you need them... you REALLY need them.

Good safety measure... regarless of what your riding buddy or pro rider does.

And NO... the TSS (throttle safety switch) does not do the same thing.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Tethers are like fire extinguishers.... When you need them... you REALLY need them.

Good safety measure... regarless of what your riding buddy or pro rider does.

And NO... the TSS (throttle safety switch) does not do the same thing.

Agreed ^^^^^^^^
Almost to the extent of a seat belt for us sledders... don't think twice... Tether up or play with FIRE !! :face-icon-small-coo

S/C

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
SO will this plug into the pro harness?
Polaris part number 2874379 is the one the dealers are selling and not the Part # 4010849 that say's for the 600 racer in the fiche in your link

Thanks
S/C

2874379 is the part number for the kit. The tether switch inside the kit has it's own part number, 4010849. In short, they are the same - the racer switch in a kit.

Yes, it will plug in the brown/black pigtail behind the console on the RMKs.

agalen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Helena, MT
OFT racing also sells one that is a modified proarmour so it plug right into factory harness. Had the plunger style last year and swapped to the OFT one after several power losses in less than ideal spots

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
I've had good luck with the Polaris tether and no issues.

LP... Can you elaborate on the "RACER" tether... what makes it different/better?

Do you have any pics?

The 2874379 kit was out of stock late last season so my dealer ordered the one from the race sled.
It is exactly the same as the kit one I had ordered the year before.
Suggested the race numbers because I couldn't find the kit number.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I bought an SPI tether and it worked fine for a while, but then started cutting out just like the Polaris ones described here. I hope the pan head screw trick works because I like the peace of mind of having the tether when riding. I'm surprised that they don't come stock on the machine!

B

Bturton

Oct 3, 2012
Medicine Hat, Ab
I tried the screw method.
It helped for awhile and then I had issues again.
I would not use that style again.
I solved the problem the most expensive way possible, drank the Doolaide!

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
My dealer sold me Tether Switch Kit PN 2870668 for my 2015 Pro. The tether switch within is listed as PN 4110156. I have yet to open it or even begin to determine if it is correct for my sled.

Is anyone familiar with these part #'s?

Premium Features