• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rmk800 questions

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
thinking about buying an 800 rmk standard over the pro. a year or two ago i read a thread on here stating all the differences. are they still the same, or what has changed?
i liked the idea of the extra cooler on the standard, with bogie wheels i can remove if i want to. also im not sold on the belt drive for the simple fact the brake is still on the jackshaft.
sorry if its been covered recently, links to threads appreciated:wine:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Still the same except for the 2015 snowchecks... those had all the PRO RMK goodies in addition to the cooler... essentially the 2015 snowchecks are a PRO RMK with a chaincase and a coooler.

The NON-Snowcheck std rmks in 2015 have none of the snowcheck "goodies" on it.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
thank you!
what are the goodies exactly?
pro taper bars gas shocks and fancy colors?

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Pro taper bars with the corresponding steering post
Piggy back shock upgrade
Free e start
Free storage options
Console mounted switches
Scratchers
Painted tunnel and rail options
Pro style front suspension arms
Maybe a brake rotor difference?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
2015 snocheck RMKs also have the bonded lower a-arms. RMKs (non-snocheck) have welded steel lower a-arms, and the longer shocks, since 2011.

All 2015 non-Pros have aluminum overstructure, not CF.

Only pros have the CF rear grab bar (can't call that a bumper) and holey snowflap.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Still the same except for the 2015 snowchecks... those had all the PRO RMK goodies in addition to the cooler... essentially the 2015 snowchecks are a PRO RMK with a chaincase and a coooler.

The NON-Snowcheck std rmks in 2015 have none of the snowcheck "goodies" on it.

Got mine also add no carbon fiber over structure, aluminum bumper instead of carbon fiber. solid snow flap

IMO it's a matter of what you want to do after you get the sled. If your planning on doing upgrades like arms, shocks, rails, turbo ect.. ect... Then get the Regular RMK. Its a bit cheaper and you'll have more money for upgrades.
If your buying a sled to not touch and ride get the pro rmk! My 14 has been flawless, i havnt broken a quickdrive, its light, durable, and a great grab and go sled.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i see you cant put a 3" on without modifying the chaincase.
annywho looks like its not my year. idiot at bank had me sold on a home equity loan, didnt tell me about all the b.s. paperwork, as well as sticking an interest rate on it well above what he sold me on. f that. ill just snocheck a '16 through a dealer in spring i think.
lets get a pro with the brake on the driveshaft and a 3" track for '16 polaris!!

F

fullboredragon

Mar 24, 2009
my rmk came with the "lightweight" flap... I think they were just getting rid of parts for the new models coming out to be honest...

Premium Features