• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sign this Petition. Idaho Boulder White Cloud Mountains in Trouble of being closed

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
what a pathetic world we live in now,I run a rock crusher now in McCall Idaho and last week had a jerk named jeff from the blackhawk subdivision come and threaten to shut me down for making too much noise, he is from california by the way he said the realitors are selling peace and quiet for his neighbors summer homes I told him this is our job and how we make our living and support our familys

Tell him to take it up with his realtor, who seems to be selling b.s..

R
Nov 9, 2008
SE IDAHO
Signed.

All it takes is the swipe of a pen by the president and our access will be lost forever. The increasing pressure and support from conservation groups such as the Idaho Conservation League along with many outfitters, local businesses, sportsmen and recreation groups is making it virtually impossible for our voice to be heard.

From what I can gather, if a National Monument for the BW is signed into law, a travel management plan that involves motorized access could take years to plan and implement if it is to be allowed at all. The groups who are advocating for a NM are gaining the upper hand in how the NM will be administered if and when a NM is to materialize. Make no mistake about it, they are hell bent on keeping the motorized community out as much as possible!

Sign the petition, e-mail it to everyone you know. Raise hell, get the word out and be heard!!

A few links to get your blood boiling-
The first paragraph is really all.
http://www.blm.gov/nm/st/en/prog/blm_special_areas/national_monuments/faq_national_monuments.html

These people...
http://boulderwhiteclouds.org/

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That reminds me of a chute up at Salmon Headwaters a couple bowls to the straight west of Galena Pass.

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
Signed and sent. Lets all be heard! Sign and let our voices be heard. Just because you don't ride here doesn't mean you shouldn't be part of the action.
The next riding area(s) may be the one you and your group ride. Stand up for our rights as riders and sign. It's simple and easy.

We need to all be advocates for our sport. Just my humble opinion.

Thanks, Nooby

K
Jan 18, 2013
Idaho Falls, ID
I signed it as well. We camp and dirt bike in the White Clouds every summer. One thing that keeps coming up is that they want to "protect" the White Clouds. "Protect" from what? The White Clouds are already governed under the SNRA and half of it is off limits to motorized travel already. All the major peaks and alpine locations in the White Clouds are already limited to foot travel. Just another land grab by the Greenies by any means possible.

M
Oct 4, 2009
Bonners Ferry
... it's sooooo important for us to band together on these issues, sign these petitions and support organizations and leaders that oppose these sort of things. We can't have the attitude of "that sucks for those guys" . As we have seen that this agenda of making more and more wilderness is a systemic thing. It is and will be coming to your back yard and will affect you, your kids and grandkids. These groups that are pushing these agendas are misguided but very organized with lots of money. If we don't start coming together more in an organized fashion we will lose our riding areas until they are completely gone----at least the real good ones will be.
what I've seen where I live is that these environmental groups sue the Forrest service....an injunction is placed on the literally hundreds of thousands of acres of land whereby no snomobiling is allowed....the local community then has a fit and says no way....the Forrest service then will close 30,000 acres down of the 300,000 to 500,000 acres proposed....we think oh that wasn't so bad we only lost a little bit, we will get our riding area back next year....then the greenies file another lawsuit and the cycle of madness repeats....it's NEVER enough!

Premium Features