• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another NyPro Project

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Made a deal on a used front arm to my skid my old one was a bit tweaked. Then i started to install the reinforcements. Had to modify the rubber and the rear wheel holder.

After the holes was drilled i removed it and cleaned the surfaces and used a glue before installing it again.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Installed the other reinforcement.

Exhaust and muffler.

Installed the heat shield and sleeved the brake hose.

Made a small heat shield where the hoses exits the gas tank and used heat shield on the hoses.

then som heat shielding mat with adhesive.

this is where the gas tank will be installed.

the other side.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Loaded the weights.

First row is weights only, weighted and sorted the Tungsten washers and tried to even out the weights (second row), and the last row is final weight with small washers installed,pretty much spot on.

This is a a starting Point that i was recommended so i will try it out and go from there.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Found some insulating foam tape that i installed where the gas tank is mounted on the tunnel.

Then i installed the Summit bumper.

Got a delivery with some material.

And bought oil, oil filter, sparkplugs and new bolts to the secondary clutch.

a sneak peak of the dropbrackets, they will tie into to the rear pyramid supports.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
that bad boy is well protected

i want it to be strong ! :face-icon-small-coo

The beginning of the rear pyramid support brackets, on the side of the tunnel they will be bolted in to the front of the dropbracket, maybe overkill but it feels good.

After some modding i got the Lynx REX pyramid to mate to the REV bracket.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Got the parts from my friend with the milling machine.
Pyramid supports.

My plates for the dropbrackets.

drilled for some rivets, the plates will bolted to the pyramis supports.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
finally i did the dropbrackets.

Now its time for the tunnel wrap Before i install the runningboards and the rear bumper.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
I have been building the gas tank plastic with soldering iron and plastic sheets, time will tell if it was a good idea but i had to try it.
Basic shape is done.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Secondary clutch work.

Polished the Surface on the helix.

The bolts had made some marks in the big washer so i simply flipped it over to get a nice surface.

New plastic shoes.

Installed.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Very cool intake box! I think that location will work good for you too as long as you put some really fine screen on it. Was it hard to peel the metal mesh off after using it for a mold?

Premium Features