• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tips on insulating the floor on enclosed trailer

S
Jul 8, 2008
Butte, MT
Core-Bond

I just had my trailer core-bonded(sp?) walls, ceiling, and under the floor. So, far so good. They applied the material from the underside of the trailer. Everything, seems air tight and very rigid. Just my $0.02

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
What is the reason for insulating?
Do you want to sleep in it or just keep all the heat inside better.

I only ask because I know a few guys that like to sleep in their enclosed and have a large piece of rolled up carpet that they lay down after the sleds are out. This gives them a good bit of insulation when they need it and it can be rolled up and put to the side when they put the sleds in. Pretty inexpensive solution

If you want something all the time the best would be a spray on insulation that is applied to the bottom, but that would be a bit more pricey.

M
Nov 26, 2007
I would like to sleep in the trailer. I was thinking about a concrete blanket. The only draw back to that is they are a little slippery. Spraying something on the under side of the trailer would be great, is there any product that you can spray on yourself?

I assume they put it on the inside?

Actually no, it is installed under the floor. They glue it down between the crossmembers before the plywood is installed in the trailer. I made a few phone calls and I'm getting us all pictures of it so that I can better explain it. I'm also working on getting a sample for my office. One guy at Wells Cargo described it as almost a bubble wrap with a foil exterior but we will get a picture of it cut open to see what its like inside. Hopefully we will have that later today. It is pretty hard stuff and adds another barrier between the plywood and the road grime.

The best part is probably the price. On a Wells Cargo its only $6 per linear foot. So, on a 27' trailer we are only looking at $162 installed. That is on a brand new ordered trailer, but I would imagine that we could get it for an aftermarket add on.

I'll post those pics as soon as I get them.

I hope that helps,
Thanks

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
i put carpet in mine and really helps a lot---:beer;:beer;
trailercarpet001.jpg

H

Hammertime

Nov 27, 2007
Arvada, Colorado
Foil Ray insulation can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowe's. I use it in my windows of the camper in the winter. This is awesome stuff and very cheap it flat out works! I'm thinking if you staple it on the bottom of your trailer it will do a great job and you really should put it on the ceiling as well. If it were me i would carpet the bottom and use this stuff on the walls/ceiling instead. Let us know how it works out.:D

Last edited:
S
Jul 8, 2008
Butte, MT
Core Bond Insulation

My total price to have the entire trailer sprayed was $800. I know it is a great deal. The guy that did it told me to never mention this price again. Whoops! I think you could get your floor sprayed for around $300. Polyurethane insulation is typically charged by the click (or amount of spray). I do plan on using my trailer as a camper so that is why I opted for the more expensive insulation option.

Premium Features