• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carpeting the floor of an enclosed?

2dedge

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2011
I see in a few threads that some of you guys have used indoor/outdoor carpet on the floors. Is this still working out well? I love the idea for being able to use the trailer for other things in the summer as well as protecting the plywood.

The only down side is I am on the East coast and we run Picks and big carbides so I am worried about tearing the floor up.

What should I look for in a carpeting product?

Thanks

Geoff

S
Mar 9, 2010
carpet is made in long loops all the way down the length. You snag one of these loop your screwed. I think its a bad idea and it will hold moisture. So you would have to air the trailer out for longer periods of time.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I know a guy that had a short nap commercial carpet for his. Cut it to fit and lay it out once the sleds are out. When the weekend is over, roll it up and hang it on the wall and put the sleds back in. I don't think I would want it in all the time. I use a 3'x4' rubber backed carpet as a magic carpet to chain up, then I can put it down in the trailer for gearing up. Nice to have a place to put your feet when putting your boots on. Then it rolls up and lays in a running board valley to stay out of the way when traveling.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
marine carpet best thing ive tried so far. just make sure your carbides are not broken/hooked back but that will tear up a plywood floor as well. I can put the trailer in the shop add a fan with the doors down and dry it out over night. if its nice out then just leave the doos down and it will dry. this is here in colorado and its dry here, if i was some place humid/wet i think you will have mold issues if you cant dry out the trailer on a regular basis. you can drive on it and steer, i stick wood blocks under the ski while driving as so the carbides dont rock a hole in the carpet.

Aug 21, 2011
we just put down that carpet with the rubber backing and it has been great. no tears or rips and the water doesn't go through it.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
For those that have done it, where did you get the carpet and did you do the 12' wide and cut It down?

marine carpet comes 6', 6'6'', 8' or 8'6'' wide and whatever length you wish by the foot.

my wells cargo is 8'1'' wide inside and 29' foot long i just ordered 8 foot x 29' rolled it out cut the vee and what not and glued it down.

http://www.boatcarpetbuys.com/Scripts/default.asp

Premium Features