• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

V Force 3R

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
Dynotech stated 5-7hp gain if i recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

with a fuel map change you can expect over 5 hp real world , worth a look in my eyes. The rubber faced ones are showing good durable maybe even better then stock reeds

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Sidenote - The new 800 HO uses new V-force reeds that have been drastically improved from older designs.

S
Oct 16, 2008
Dynotech stated 5-7hp gain if i recall correctly.

with a fuel map change you can expect over 5 hp real world , worth a look in my eyes. The rubber faced ones are showing good durable maybe even better then stock reeds[/QUOTE]

DTR did show 5 hp with no fuel changes for years 13 and 14. Mapping seems to be pretty good finally. They actually couldn't get any more safe gains for these years with adjusted mapping. 2012 and below did benefit from mapping changes.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
On my list of upgrades for next season (probably need reeds to make the 3rd season anyway).

DTR showed most gain on a properly fueled CFI at shift rpm. There was some talk of natural frequency and flutter that is most noticeable here and observed before in the CFI.

Made me think big bore or ported would benefit even more.

Then it made me think of taller exhaust and mechanical valves and straighter flow and,,,. Then I had to calm down because it will be a couple of years 'til I own a 399 lb RMK AXYS lol.

But that's what summer is all about eh!

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Sidenote - The new 800 HO uses new V-force reeds that have been drastically improved from older designs.

Oh geeze, finally read what the 3R is.... Obviously these are the reeds that are in the 800 HO haha. Duh

Last edited:

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
Got my reeds today. Might try and get them in and make it up the mountain before the snow is gone. Anything special I need to do when installing them or just follow instructions ;)?

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Had a chance to run the 3R for a short time on my 600 and 800 PRO, much better throttle response than the stockers and they seem to be spinning more RPM on both sleds. Time will tell how they hold up, but they must be doing better than the old ones for Polaris to be putting them in the HO.

Premium Features