• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ECU Reflash for 2011-2014 Pro's

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
This sounds like a great upgrade, my only problem is being up in Canada the turnaround time and shipping will be quite high. Are there any dealers up here that will be offering this service?

maybe they have a reflashed ecu on the shelf they can send you and you send yours back when you put theirs in...no downtime then and you can send back regular mail..

shortstuff

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Rigby, ID
Had three ecus flashed last week. One 12 163 with a mtntk piston kit and par head and two 13s one with 156 3 inch and the other with 163 stock. The snow was handlebar deep pretty much wide open all day just to move. It was awesome as far as any rpm gain couldn't really tell as deep and hard as it was just to get going and couldn't ever see the gauge anyway. But all three sleds ran crisp and clean all day. Throttle response was great. The sleds all felt snappier and peppy overall I'm happy with results can't wait to get out and do some more riding. And the 3 inch 156 out performed the stock 163s all day that track is amazing.
uploadfromtaptalk1392042937783.jpg

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
This is the oldest trick in the book (well, at least since the EPA got involved). Every manufacturer is going lean in the mid-range to meet emission standards and they also retard the timing up top to avoid deto from users with poor gas... SO you can go richer in the mids and add some timing up top which is a win-win and HIGHLY recommended mod for pretty much anyone (using good gas) even with mods (though heavy mods should use their specific map). You'll run cooler down the trails and have a bit more power at WOT.

Having said all that - what is UP with the rip off cost?! The SkiDoo Race Dept. was doing this mod for $85 (up to $100 last I heard). It takes just a few minutes to do. Does Poo have a Race Dept.? If anyone needs the Doo Race Dept info, PM me.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
Is there only one reflash for bone stock and sleds with cans??
Mines stock now but will add a can in the future, dont wanna pay for 2 reflashes!

Is it pretty much guaranteed that I will need heavier weights?

Its late in my season and riding comes at a moments notice, just need to have all my ducks lined up !

How does this map act with all types of gas 87-93oct up to E-10.??

Sometimes Its a crap shoot as to what kind of gas I may have to use

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
Out here in the east coast all we have is E10 gas and I question if the 91+ octain is really what it says it is. I try to get me gas in stations that sell volume and fill cans and carry it on the sled so I don't have the 87 cool aid if possible. Still haven't seen may riders posting feed back on how its help. Any one have a drop in piston / head kit with this ECM mod?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I dont think I have looked at the speedo in 3 or 4 years, what's the point? I ride by the feel of the snow on the sled.

I never look at it either, but I still want my odometer to be right :)

I'm just anal as all hell about that stuff. I'm that way on dirt bikes, pickups, all that stuff haha

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Any other updates on this or satisfied customers?????

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Is your speedo off? Fix it! Here's how.......

Can you reflash a 13' ECU so the speedo pickup reads correctly for 2.52 gearing?

Dogmeat,

Check out the thread "Is your speedo off? Fix it! Here's how......."

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377709

Cheap, easy, nearly weightless; it will allow you to correct your Speedo / Odometer to the right speed and thus distance traveled, regardless of what drivers you've installed, or what gear ratio you're running, it will even fix the factory's stock pulse conversion. Which historically has been about 10% high.

Premium Features