• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ECU Reflash for 2011-2014 Pro's

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Any benefit in doing this and then piggy backing a BD box on for something like a drop in kit?

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I have a PAR head on my 2012, but otherwise stock... with this reflash, would I need to put the stock head back on?

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
What happens with the re-flashed ecu above 11K? There are a few places around that 11K is the parking lot and the riding goes to 13K. Thanks

I beleive he was simply stating the elevation at which the tune has been tested...not that if you ride your sled above 11k feet it will automatically burn down to nothing but a pile of molten metal...

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say they'd likely charge $249 for it. Perhaps they might even do them for $200 till the end of February.

My best guess anyway............

That's funny, I didn't get it until I went to the link in the swapmeet. This rule on SnoWest reminds me of those websites where you have to click on the 'Add to my Shopping Cart' button to see the price because they are not allowed to show it otherwise. Total pain in my arse.

B

bobtaz13

Apr 1, 2012
Are you planning on adding a tune for after marked mods? at least the common ones?

For myself I plan on getting the RK Tek drop in kit.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
That's funny, I didn't get it until I went to the link in the swapmeet. This rule on SnoWest reminds me of those websites where you have to click on the 'Add to my Shopping Cart' button to see the price because they are not allowed to show it otherwise. Total pain in my arse.

Respectfully disagree. It keeps the Polaris section from being cluttered up with For Sale, Want To Buy, etc. I like the idea of having a post and a link to the swapmeet. JMHO

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I beleive he was simply stating the elevation at which the tune has been tested...not that if you ride your sled above 11k feet it will automatically burn down to nothing but a pile of molten metal...

Wow...that did not help much. How did you got any of that from my asking what happens with the re-flashed ecu above 11K?

This isn't a loaded question, I like the idea of the re-flash and understand what tested from Sea Level to 11K meant. Seriously wondering what to expect above 11? It would be good to know what Boston Racing thinks seeing as some of us like to spend a lotta time there.

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
They still do everything the stock sled does including altitude compensation. Not many places to ride over 11k but if the stock sled works so will the reflash.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Respectfully disagree. It keeps the Polaris section from being cluttered up with For Sale, Want To Buy, etc. I like the idea of having a post and a link to the swapmeet. JMHO

We are still doing that, just don't have the price listed.

Allterrain

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2010
This sounds like a great upgrade, my only problem is being up in Canada the turnaround time and shipping will be quite high. Are there any dealers up here that will be offering this service?

D
Oct 13, 2008
Wow...that did not help much. How did you got any of that from my asking what happens with the re-flashed ecu above 11K?

This isn't a loaded question, I like the idea of the re-flash and understand what tested from Sea Level to 11K meant. Seriously wondering what to expect above 11? It would be good to know what Boston Racing thinks seeing as some of us like to spend a lotta time there.

Holy crap how do you breath that high up? And if you can still breath does the constant nose bleed hinder breathing. I can only get that high in NW Montana in a plane on my way out.

H

Hopfarmer

Oct 6, 2012
Idaho Falls
Ok so maybe I missed it...................I have a 2013 Pro 800. Nothing but a HPS can and 3 years of warranty left. What kinda gains can I expect?

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Ok so maybe I missed it...................I have a 2013 Pro 800. Nothing but a HPS can and 3 years of warranty left. What kinda gains can I expect?

Disclaimer: Not speaking on Coreys behalf, but called and talked with him.

My understanding,

Fuel is NOT TAKEN AWAY anywhere. Added a little in that EPA motivated lean midrange. The power factor was in some timing + fuel added in certain situations, low rpm - full throttle (asking for acceleration).

So, I'm interested in trying this. Had a very pleasant conversation with Corey about the reflash, what it does and about the exchange (I get the trans-Atlantic shipping Norway - US - Norway...).

My "master plan" is to combine this with a belt drive on my 2011 (already have PAR head and some clutch-magic) and let it pull a PC 2.6" track for some "foresight-fast", mind-reading response LOL.

Anyway, great initial contact with Boston Racing!

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
We are in full swing with these. If you talked to me in the last couple weeks and I said to hold on on sending them send me a PM or give me a call and we will get you rolling. You won't find a better mod for the price!

Premium Features