• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ECU Reflash for 2011-2014 Pro's

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
We are pleased to announce that we are offering a performance / durability ECU reflash for stock pro's and pros with cans. On some sleds we are pulling 2 grams more than a stock sled and they are more crisp on the bottom and pull harder on top. We have optimized the timing, fuel and other parameters within the stock ECU. The flash is designed to run on 91 octane pump gas and the dreaded midrange lean spot has been richened. We do not have a sled dyno or one close by so I cannot give you exact numbers but it is noticeable and I am offering a money back guarantee in January and If you are not 100% satisfied we will reflash it back to stock and return your money minus the cost of shipping. Turnaround time is 1-2 days and you will have to mail me your ECU. We should have CORE ECU's available shortly and can do swaps.

This flash is designed for stock sleds and sleds with cans only. We are not offering anything at this point for BB's or other modifications.

Below are additional details:

ECU Reflash Program, 2011-2014 Polaris 800 RMK/Switchback/Rush

What is an ECU?
An engine control unit (ECU), most commonly called the powertrain control module (PCM), is an electronic control unit that controls a series of actuators and sensors on an internal combustion engine to ensure optimal engine performance. It does this by reading values from a multitude of sensors, interpreting the data using multidimensional performance maps (called lookup tables), and adjusting the engine actuators accordingly.

What is a Reflash?
An ECU reflash consist of extracting the multidimensional maps located insides the ECU’s processor. We than open these files and carefully study all the parameters within the map and correction factors that apply. We then flash the modified files into the ECU. We also back up existing files so that they may be reloaded if required.

How will a Reflash benefit my vehicle?
The OEM manufacturer spends endless time developing maps but is shackled by mandates not allowing them to tune for maximum power and reliability. The use of aftermarket monitoring sensors and data logging equipment allow us to record and store all parameters and outputs while viewing them real time. Sleds are programmed to run dangerously lean at light loads and cruising conditions causing most engine failures. We are able to enhance HP, throttle response and most importantly reliability by modifying key areas in the fuel and ignition tables while still allowing for 91 Octane pump fuel.

What is required for an ECU Reflash?
You mail in your ECU, Most of the ECU’s are located next to the Oil tank assembly. There are 3, 10mm bolts and nuts that fasten the ECU the sled. Be sure the safely package the ecu in a shipping box.
We also need all information regarding your snowmobile. Including Year, make, model, track length, and miles. Please include a return shipping address inside the package.

How long does it take for an ECU Reflash?
ECU’s is delivered before noon will ship the same day. If delivered after noon they will ship the following business day. We suggest sending the ECU’s using UPS carrier.

Why is does an ECU reflash provide that a Fuel Controller doesnt?
The ECU has multiple maps, lookup table, and correction factors dynamically modifying the output of various actuators and sensors on the vehicle. ECU reflashing allows us to modify each map accordingly. Piggy back controllers make a fixed correction based on input signals and are typically not as dynamic. The ECU reflash runs and acts just like it left the factory with no tuning to be concerned about with all the built in safety features in tact. The other benefit is cost.

PM me if your interested and Ill get you pricing and such. I will say it is the best bang for the buck.

I added a link to my swap meet add as well http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3518821#post3518821

Last edited:

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
We are pleased to announce that we are offering a high performance ECU reflash for stock pro's and pros with cans. We are pulling 2 grams more than a stock sled and they are more crisp on the bottom and pull harder on top. We have optimized the timing, fuel and other parameters within the stock ECU. The flash is designed to run on 91 octane pump gas and the dreaded midrange lean spot has been corrected. We do not have a sled dyno or one close by so I cannot give you exact numbers but it is noticeable and I am offering a money back guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied we will reflash it back to stock and return your money. Turnaround time is 1-2 days and you will have to mail me your ECU. We should have CORE ECU's available shortly and can do swaps.

This flash is designed for stock sleds and sleds with cans only. We are not offering anything at this point for BB's or other modifications.

PM me if your interested and Ill get you pricing and such. I will say it is the best bang for the buck.

Those of us who have been following the user reports of the '14 Silber/Bully Dog turbo kits have noticed that there have been some "driveability" issues with regard to the supplied programming.

This is intended as a serious question & not start a "bash fest" - How does the above re-flash that you are offering differ from the re-flash that comes with the Silber turbo kit(other than the obvious turbo VS N/A parameters)?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
The issues with the bullydog is limited to a 15-20 sleds out of 140 sold. We are finding multiple issues but the one common theme is some sleds have a a few more pounds of fuel pressure and we made them as rich as possible without goating and that extra fuel is enough to do it. We will have an update for the effected sleds shortly.

This reflash has nothing to do with a bullydog.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
We are pleased to announce that we are offering a high performance ECU reflash for stock pro's and pros with cans. We are pulling 2 grams more than a stock sled and they are more crisp on the bottom and pull harder on top. We have optimized the timing, fuel and other parameters within the stock ECU. The flash is designed to run on 91 octane pump gas and the dreaded midrange lean spot has been corrected. We do not have a sled dyno or one close by so I cannot give you exact numbers but it is noticeable and I am offering a money back guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied we will reflash it back to stock and return your money. Turnaround time is 1-2 days and you will have to mail me your ECU. We should have CORE ECU's available shortly and can do swaps.

I have a stock 2012 800 Pro ECU , are you buy any for core PM me if so .

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
This flash sounds very interesting and promising, will it effect stock warranty at all?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID

Looks like they can!

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
Price?

And is there a charge next year to go back to stock when installing turbo?

Last edited:
O
Dec 6, 2007
Why not just post the pricing? The Boondocker box is about $400, how does the flash compare?

I am very interested as I feel the stock epa mapping is bad for the engine but I hate this PM me for pricing game.

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say they'd likely charge $249 for it. Perhaps they might even do them for $200 till the end of February.

My best guess anyway............

Premium Features