• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carls Clutching Vs SLP Etc...

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Can I ask why only the 115 belt on the 600? I have been running the 122 belt on the 600 it's cheaper and holds up just fine and performs just as good if not better.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Can I ask why only the 115 belt on the 600? I have been running the 122 belt on the 600 it's cheaper and holds up just fine and performs just as good if not better.

Clutch kits, no matter the builder, are built around consistent and certain components. Change one component and you get different results. For example, if you change sheave angle on your primary, different results. Belts consist of differing properties, side angles, durometer, heat dissipation and so on. This will change your clutching package. With your clutch set up you have now, go to the hill with belts from Dayco, Gates, Polaris, and Arctic Cat and utilizing their different belt offerings put them to the test on the same day. You will witness drastic changes to your clutching with only a belt change. You surely will find a belt that works superior with your setup. Like I said, clutch kits are designed around certain parameters. To many variables out there that builders cannot control that are the consumer's responsibility ,belt deflection, center to center measurements, offset to name a few.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Are you running the P2 secondary or team?

Their helix shouldn't cause a reverse problem.

For me running the Carl's setup at 2,500-6,000 feet plus, there is a large improvement over stock.

After trying Roosterbuilt last year, there is an even better improvement and highly recommend it.

P2 - reverse works fine.

Chris told me to keep throwing weight in the primary to bring the RPM's down as I bought it with the Almond round spring. It would hit 8500-8850 RPM's with ease and very quickly. I started putting weight to it but it became very sluggish and slow to respond. I have ended up with 10-62 and Blue Pink spring with the Switchback helix and black/purple spring in the back.

It loads the motor up enough that it noticeably pulls to max rpm instead of snapping to it. I think it could do better.

Premium Features