• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fire N Ice Belt Deflection Guide

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
Just installed the Fire N Ice QD Belt Deflection Guide.

Once you heat and remove the 3 factory bolts the installation is a breeze. A heat gun wouldn't work on the bolt removal, I had to use a small torch and apply a good amount of heat to remove the torx bolts.

Here are pics of it installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0668-1.jpg
    IMG_0668-1.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0672-1.jpg
    IMG_0672-1.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 370

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Ya for everyone else installing one of these, be very careful on those torx bolts. It has the Lord adhesive on the threads. If it starts to get tight again, hit it with heat again. I stripped the head on one when I installed mine. Took me hours to drill the bolt out, tap new threads and install the deflector. Sucked, but the product works!

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I lost a belt on my 13 with this installed.... it was the updated 14 belt.
This is a good product, but doesn't cure ALL the weaknesses of the quick drive system. It will reduce ballooning and slack when rapidly switching from brake to wot. Great for aggressive tree riding where your always switching back and forth.
I agree with the warnings of using caution with the bolt removal... took a lot of patience and torch heat to do it without damage. I hate torx!!!!

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
i just dont understand all of these belt failures. my 13 belt lasted 1800 miles and half of those were with a turbo. my track is straight junk for hitting so much stuff under wot in early snow conditions

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
I know if you like taking big drops or taking big hits a product from Tom Kobza and the actual belt tensioner might be a better choice. But, for the everyday rider if this helps save one belt I am ahead. At 215.00 for a belt I will see if this works for me. I am sure, like with anything, it may not help. I just wanted to pass on to the folks on here of a product from a small business I don't mind supporting and I have no affiliation with either fni other than buying their products.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I know if you like taking big drops or taking big hits a product from Tom Kobza and the actual belt tensioner might be a better choice. But, for the everyday rider if this helps save one belt I am ahead. At 215.00 for a belt I will see if this works for me. I am sure, like with anything, it may not help. I just wanted to pass on to the folks on here of a product from a small business I don't mind supporting and I have no affiliation with either fni other than buying their products.

I agree- and FNI does have some fine products- and Paul is outstanding!!

S/C

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
S/C

I was trying to point out that a belt could still fail with this product. It doenst solve the problem 100%. Paul is a great guy to deal with not bashing is product just pointing out my experience with it.

Premium Features