• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandt Flyer or Next Level Tunnel bag

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I had a Burandt tunnel bag and sold it and bought a next level bag. I have not used it yet.
The Burandt bag was not as water proof as I had hoped for it to be.

Same outcome with the Flyer bag, not very waterproof. I finally said the heck with it a bought a Powder Keg for my sled, very tired of my stuff getting wet.

Timberdoodle218

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2010
Tofte MN
I concur on the Sled Solutions bag. Not a matter of how waterproof. It just is. Very well built. Now if it was a little easier to snug up those mounting straps....

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have used the mountain addition rear tunnel bag for years and it is a dry
unit hold a SMALL shovel and handle on the outside
It is very water proof but is small for what I carry and I have the larger one never snagged a leg crossing over in difficult terrain

I went on my new pro the larger Burandt style is bag and hope it works as good but cautious from what I read here and the high price of it.
I do like the mountain addition mountings as it allows snow to build up and melt on the tunnel where a flat mounted bag I fear will increase cooling temp in marginal snow crusted snow even using scratchers

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Another thing to do is run your stuff in dry sacks inside your bags. They make them a ton of sizes and colors so you can put goggles in one, layers in one, food in on and so on....

#canadastrong

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Have you checked out the Sled Solutions underseat bag? 3 big storage compartments and great quality. I really like that it mounts directly behind the gas tank and is completely out of the way. I prefer to have the additional weight as far forward as possible. The farther back on the tunnel, the more it will effect ride quality and shock performance. If nothing else, it's definitely worth looking into. www.sledsolutions.com

attachment.php

image.jpg

Timberdoodle218

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2010
Tofte MN
Good point about the weight being more forward. While I love my Sled Solutions tunnel bag most of the time, I can't help but feel, on a steep sidehill, it's helping to pull the *** end down. Seems like I can hardly get my wrong foot forward enough. But that could be my my skill level too. I think I'll get this underseat bag & see if it helps. The quality of the bag they make is fantastic.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Or you can be a real cheapskate, like me, and make one for $25. Printed rails and pucks(feet), four pistol case from Walmart, a bit of webbing and a buckle. You could make the rails from plastic or old hyfax and permanently mount it for even less. That's what my dad did with his. Ran this all last season and it was awesome.

tunnel_case.jpg case_up.jpg case_03.jpg

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
Or you can be a real cheapskate, like me, and make one for $25. Printed rails and pucks(feet), four pistol case from Walmart, a bit of webbing and a buckle. You could make the rails from plastic or old hyfax and permanently mount it for even less. That's what my dad did with his. Ran this all last season and it was awesome.

Well done!

A

autowrench

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Lake, CO
I ran the Burandt Bag last 2 seasons. I have to bring it inside now and then to dry it out. I have had one end or the other come loose a couple of times and was close to losing it on the bumpy trails. It does hold a on of stuff, though. S'pose you could permanently mount i like some folks. What is a good source for dry bags?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
My Burandt bag was a POS. Everything inside was wet in a matter of a couple hours and from going from side to side on the sled I kept kicking the quick release levers until they both broke. Plus the bag would never stay tight and would slide aroud on the tunnel.
Finally got smart and tossed the pos Barandt bag and went with a Sled Solutions and everything stayed dry then.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I have the burandt bags on mine and like them. I do hate the quick release levers and ditched those. I just use the regular carriage bolts to secure it to the sled. I just use dry bags for the stuff that must stay dry.

K
Jan 18, 2013
Idaho Falls, ID
I took Tuneman's idea and ran with it a bit. Purchased a Plano model 108021 All Weather Gun Case and mounted it to my tunnel with carriage bolts and rubber bumpers. I really like the four dual stage lockable latches. It's made for airline travel, so it's fairly heavy duty and should hold up alright. Size is actually smaller than the Burandt Lock & Ride bag that came with my snow check. There is also a model 108031 that is even bigger if you need more space. Already sold the Burandt bag for $150 and put this together for $60.

I'll be using it to hold all my survival gear that absolutely needs to stay dry. I'm a bit overboard when it comes to survival gear, but I get cold easy and it sure brings me and my wife peace of mind that a night out on the mountain isn't a big deal.

http://www.planomolding.com/product.php?BCCID=126&PID=1328

20141104_143124_zpsqaabhdar.jpg

20141104_140753_zpsrwutwaof.jpg

Premium Features