• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowboard or ski mount

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Anyone have any good options for haul snowboard or skiis up the hill? Want to do a little back country boarding/skiing this year. Last time I did it was 1994 and it was a pain to haul the gear.

Thanks

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Save some money and do it yourself. Save even more money and forget about it!!

I put one on my first mountain sled, took my board a couple of times and eventually just left it at home cause sledding is just more fun!!

My snowboard has been sitting for 10 years.... Could be lack of hill near by but yah, sledding is better.

#canadastrong

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Great options to look at. I'd like to buy a rack system that hooks in to the polaris tunnel, no holes drilled. That way I can switch it to my next sled easy. Anyone make one that attaches to polaris tunnel without drilling?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Great options to look at. I'd like to buy a rack system that hooks in to the polaris tunnel, no holes drilled. That way I can switch it to my next sled easy. Anyone make one that attaches to polaris tunnel without drilling?

The cheetah one would need their rack, then you bolt the board holder to their rack then attach the rack to the tunnel with carriage bolts in the t-slots.

N
Mar 5, 2013
East Wenatchee
Weird I was trying to figure that out on mine tonight. I know you could easily come up with some channel to run across the tunnel to notch out just outside the tunnel and just put the tips on the footwell bars but I ended up figuring this is what I'm going to run. I'm pretty happy on the $0 price tag for mine. It looks like it's going to run perfect and at 60 seconds per side to install it I think it should be awesome. you just put the tip in between the plastic bottom side panel piece and the metal frame part and it lines it up perfect to rest on my custom "mount" then just tie the ski down decent in the back then good to go.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I

ice man

Jan 26, 2008
oliver bc canada
snowboard rack

20140323_110359.jpg

20140323_110347.jpgI made mine out of hockey arena boards,made for cold,and a little flexible.put 2 snowboards or pairs of skies.only hand to drill 2 1/4 inch holes,used top factory holes

Premium Features