• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 ho makes 160hp

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The exhaust valve operating all three exhaust ports is a cool idea. It did take 75 dyno runs and some very experienced tuners to hit that 160hp mark, not something any of us have access to. Don't think I've seen a stock motor hit 160 on dynotechs dyno before, so good job Polaris.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
you polaris junkies are really grasping for straws here arent you. all you have left in your arsenal is "my 800 poo uses less gas than a 800 etec". funny stuff. i guess if you look at on the bright side.........all that money you are saving on gas you can throw towards pistons at 1000 miles :pop2:

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
you polaris junkies are really grasping for straws here arent you. all you have left in your arsenal is "my 800 poo uses less gas than a 800 etec". funny stuff. i guess if you look at on the bright side.........all that money you are saving on gas you can throw towards pistons at 1000 miles :pop2:

Hey come on now. Its 1800 miles! Get your facts straight! Lol and our current 145 hp mill does just fine in the steep and deep.

#canadastrong

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
haha, i couldnt help myself. so sad to see such a good chassis sled get ruined by a POS engine.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
haha, i couldnt help myself. so sad to see such a good chassis sled get ruined by a POS engine.

So sad to see a great engine get ruined by a pos chassis.
Lets see
$500 for a fix kit.

$1200 in Braces, narrow running boards, light can, all this to make the xm handle like a heavier fatter version of a real mountain sled.

If polaris has a lighter higher power sled next year skidoo better step up the game.
I want to ride a skidoo but cant bear to go back to the water buffalo.
It's time for doo to pitch the x-pile glass bulkhead.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
$90 in braces......less then your anti-crinkle tunnel braces :face-icon-small-sho

running boards are all personal preference.......just as they are on any other brand of sled

so you are saying doo owners are the only ones putting aftermarket exhausts on their sleds? of course not. its all personal preference.

nobody will have to worry about stepping up anything unless polaris puts a motor in theirs that is worth a crap. thats one of the main reasons i dont own one. i dont care how much power it has or how light it is.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
$90 in braces......less then your anti-crinkle tunnel braces :face-icon-small-sho

running boards are all personal preference.......just as they are on any other brand of sled

so you are saying doo owners are the only ones putting aftermarket exhausts on their sleds? of course not. its all personal preference.

nobody will have to worry about stepping up anything unless polaris puts a motor in theirs that is worth a crap. thats one of the main reasons i dont own one. i dont care how much power it has or how light it is.

Two words.
Market share

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Pro 11.5gal xm 10.6 but I bet the difference is bigger because the xm still has the tank/seat design that airlocks the back of the tank unless you maneuver the sled around to burp it. I help my buddies do it all the time, otherwise I'm sure they are starting their day with AT LEAST a gal missing.

prorideupper800

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2013
Upper Pennisula of Michigan
Piston Blowing

The only Piston Blowing in Our group was an Etec, alignment pin came out and tore it up. Ski Doo wouldn't cover it under warranty either. They are expensive Toys and all have their limitations.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
My buddy rides a Doo teeter totter and loves it. Rides hard like I do and we both buy new sleds each year.

My poo has died around 1800 miles the last two years.........fixed in 2 days

His XM died at 1800 miles the last two years.......long block back ordered 3 weeks both times:face-icon-small-sho

All sleds that are ridden hard in the mountains have a limited life span!

Premium Features