• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

36" A-arm Kit. Which one?

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
ive been running the zbroz for 2 seasons. no complaints really. wish there was an option for sway bar. i almost want to try the alt impact arms so i can try it with the sway bar. the only downfall to the alt impact arms is they dont have the "high clearance" feature. pick your poison i guess. if the alt impact arms are as strong as the zbroz i think i would give them a try.

haleyeah13

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Sheridan, WY
I had alt on 2 of my skidoos and I will buy them for my pro, I like the fact that the steel rod ends will bend or break before the a arm bends, carry a few spares and u can change them out pretty quick, no more ruined days from landmines!

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I had alt on 2 of my skidoos and I will buy them for my pro, I like the fact that the steel rod ends MAY bend or break before the a arm bends, carry a few spares and u can change them out pretty quick, no more ruined days from landmines!

Fixed it for ya ;)

I
Nov 26, 2007
I've always felt the "high clearance" on the zbros was a gimmick. Almost all bent A arms I've seen were from a hit to the ski or a tree to the a arm, neither of which higher clearance would've prevented.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Alternative Impact 36"

Are there dealers out there to purchase AI 36"? Or is the only option to call AI direct?

Thanks.

Q
Jan 10, 2014
I've always felt the "high clearance" on the zbros was a gimmick. Almost all bent A arms I've seen were from a hit to the ski or a tree to the a arm, neither of which higher clearance would've prevented.

Kinda hard to call it a gimmick when it actually is higher ground clearance....?
Put em side by side zbroz most certainly has higher ground clearance.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The K-Mod 37" front end looks pretty cool but I cannot see why such a price difference???

One thing I noticed with the K-Mod is, there is no camber adjustment ???

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
No camber adjustment, that is correct.

They are a little pricey, I haven't seen other manufacturers arms close up so I can only assume KMOD's are built beefier/stronger and that is part of the higher cost?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
No camber adjustment, that is correct.

They are a little pricey, I haven't seen other manufacturers arms close up so I can only assume KMOD's are built beefier/stronger and that is part of the higher cost?

I see no weak point in the a arms to save the expensive parts.
Zbroz the upper ball joint shears and saves the lower arm from a ski hit.
Alt impact upper and lower can shear.
You better have braces in the front of you're tunnel/ footwell.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I do have braces aswell as glued the chaincase like the later years have.

I was on the fence between alt impact titanium arms and the KMODs, i was chatting with kevin when i was ordering my rear skid suspension so i figured i would try his arms out. If they don't work well for me, alt impact will be the next set i try (i really hope i don't have to though).

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
Kinda hard to call it a gimmick when it actually is higher ground clearance....?
Put em side by side zbroz most certainly has higher ground clearance.

No doubt they're higher in the middle. I just haven't seen any A arms take a hit there that the zbros would've cleared. More of a gimmick in the sense they're selling you something you don't need than that they're lying about the extra clearance.

I could see that feature being useful on a side by side or atv, for rutted trails and what not. Just don't see the benefit on a sled.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Decided to pull the Z-Broz 39" off and just ordered an Alternative Impact 36" front end. I can tell you this, Dan was awesome to deal with on the phone, cannot wait to get these a-arms here an on!!!

I hoping this 36" front end with the addition of the X3 I just put on, should make it pretty interesting!!!!:face-icon-small-ton

Anyone else have the 36" front end with the 3"?????

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I ran the 36" Zbros front end, with his dual rate springs and a 162x3 on a Boost-it HO. The sled is awesome.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Decided to pull the Z-Broz 39" off and just ordered an Alternative Impact 36" front end. I can tell you this, Dan was awesome to deal with on the phone, cannot wait to get these a-arms here an on!!!

I hoping this 36" front end with the addition of the X3 I just put on, should make it pretty interesting!!!!:face-icon-small-ton

Anyone else have the 36" front end with the 3"?????

Same front end mine has on it,I have it on the widest setting which is 1" narrower then stock on narrowest.

Last edited:

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Wish there was an option for sway bar.

Am I missing something here? Polaris Pro RMK 36" Chromoly Max Clearance Lowers with Billet Upper A-Arms.
Straight from their website:
1_3.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
D
The Kmod arms come with new pivot joints installed. If you have ever taken the ends off the Polaris a-arms the extra cost is well worth it. Plus you have a backup set of arms when the inevitable happens. Polaris sells replacement pivots for +/- 50.00 each for the bottom and 40.00 each for the top.

Premium Features