• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

V Force 3R

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
PRO RMK VFORCE3R

I just got mine off the UPS truck...

I swear... it's like Christmas...That squeal of the UPS truck brakes after it backs up the driveway.... OH YEA.

Going into my ride this year.

Comparing them to another, older, set I have here... I can see where the rubber cushioning and a bit different reed could make a difference.... After talking to one of my "Polaris guys"... The Polaris factory worked in combo with the Peeps at Moto Tassinari to pull off a reed set that the factory feels confident to put into ALL the AXYS 800HO motors.

Lookin fwd to an El Niño year... so I can put them to the test.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Kool-Aid.jpg

VFORCE3-1.jpg VForce3-2.jpg

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Ya I got a set to try out this year. I sure hope that rubber will give more reliability out of the pedals. We will see!

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
3r

My 3r reeds lasted 700 miles last year without failure. I am going to see how long they last. Already Way better than the old ones.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
MH. Since you have both, could you look to see if the reed pattern (screw holes, physical size) is the same between old and new?

I'm hoping to try some mid range thickness reeds in my build with the 3R cage.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I'm in the process of installing my very force 3r and there a bit snug going back in. I can only get them back in about 3/4 the way and it gets snug don't want to push them in and brake them. WHAT am I going wrong? And there the same part number and look the same as MH pictures.

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
My guess is its just the outer reed cage is hitting the intake walls, they need to be squished a little inwards to fit in. If i recall i just gave mine a push and they went in.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Thanx, I did just push them in.just wanted to make sure this was normal.

J
Nov 20, 2012
These new reeds where actually available late last December, I installed mine just before New Years. So I rode most all season last winter with them. I have a '13 pro 155, I can say that it is definitely a noticeable improvement in throttle response ( which was already good to start with ) is it 5+hp? Hard to say but well worth the investment. I was actually able to clutch slightly more aggressive after installing these. Another unexpected benefit was that my fuel milaege was improved.

Premium Features