• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wrp gauge lifter slp intake??

S

Slagowski

Apr 14, 2010
Dubois WY
I have a WRP gauge lifter and im wanting to go with a slp high flow intake. Does the intake clear the gauge riser? if so does anyone have any pics of the set up ???

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Yes it does, they make a special non-vented gauge lifter bracket so the intake doesn't suck warm air in from the engine compartment. I have both but no pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Sorry, I take that back. I don't have the wrp gauge lifter.

My non-vented gauge relocation bracket came from canadasledparts.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Yes, wrp works with the slp intake. Don't have both, but know guys have used both together.

moto_786

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2011
I have the wrp gauge lifter and slp intake on my sled I don't have a pic of it I can get you one in a few days when I'm off work. It does limit the amount of movement you hav with the gauge I seem to remember like if u wanted your gauge at an angle closer to stock it hits the slp intake.

S

Slagowski

Apr 14, 2010
Dubois WY
nice thanks guys i will have to get the slp intake ordered up. did you notice any difference in performance with the intake ?

M7SLEDHEAD

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Plato MN
SLP Intake

Adding an SLP Intake on my 13' Pro. I added a few pictures that show the intake with the gauge lifter I have. My only concern is the gauge lift is vented and the warm air that would be getting pulled into the air intake. I have a few thoughts-

Taking the gauge lifter off is an option although probably the last thing I would like to do as I'm 6'8" and it nice to have it tipped up so I can see it.

Make a plate to block of the vented area of the gauge lifter. You would just have the small area for the wires that would allow hot air to pass by.

Make a plate to block off the area on the SLP Intake facing the gauge lifter to limit the amount of hot air it would pull in.

Just add the intake and leave it be. How much will the amount of hot air coming from the gauge opening effect the sled?

Looking for some thoughts on this from guys that have used the SLP Intake.

Thanks in advance!

20141027_214950.jpg 20141027_214959.jpg 20141027_215014.jpg

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
You could also go with the Fire 'n Ice style to avoid any issues.

Picture-1945-300x300.jpg

Premium Features