• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best GPS-most user friendly?

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
My Rhino

I have Rhino 650 as well does all my crew. The buddy locator is the best feature and has come in handy on numerous locations, but the radio part sucks IMO. We've tried various mics to use them handsfree and haven't found a good solution. Mine randomly reboots a lot and turns off even when I have the lock on. I've tried latest firmware, bla bla. It seems to perform much better in summer though, I rarely have these problems when dirtbiking, so it might be a combo of temperature and the PacNW wetness that brings it to it's knees. For the $400+ I paid for it, I'm sorely disappointed.

This season I'll be packing the 650 and a BCA link radio, but 650 will remain on the sled to more or less track my location. Ugh.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Where do you store it? We have never tried a hands free but it would be nice. I keep mine in my inside pocket of my jacket, never an issue.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
I am new to the Gps world also, looking to buy my first unit. my dad just bought a GPSmap 62s I like it. Has anyone had trouble with the touch screens going bad? how do they hold up? Also I would like to download a topo map and get the hunters chip maybe download the trails map? not sure but it seems in the GPSmap series between t 62 and 64 the big difference is more memory. On gamins site it doesn't say how big the maps are, so how much memory does a guy need?

P

powerfuldodge

Jan 30, 2011
Fort Mcmurray
Everyone in our group carries a Rhino 650. It's a GPS and 5 watt two way radio. You can track everyone in your groups location , so when someone's stuck and needs help there's very little searching required. Some guys just mount them on there sled , I personally put mine in my upper pocket and have a mouth and ear piece

Premium Features