• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Advice needed

J
Dec 24, 2008
So I took a spill last spring and sent it end over end a few times in hard spring snow resulting in messing up my tunnel. Riding time is getting near and its time to dive in and start fixing it. No coolant leakage or spiking temps on the ride out. I would like to hear advice or maybe ideas you all have on getting it back to as good as it possibly can be although i do realize it won't be completely perfect again unless i got an entirely new tunnel. just wondering if any of you have had a similar problem or if you have any good or special ways to fix it. thanks

Attachments

• polaris1.jpg
    polaris1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 161
  • polaris2.jpg
    polaris2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 124
  • polaris3.jpg
    polaris3.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 126
  • polaris4.jpg
    polaris4.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 138
I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
If you are not looking to replace it at all, your best bet would be to talk to a body shop or experienced metalworker and see if they can do it. If you want to do it yourself, secure the sled and get a come-along/winch to start pulling and see how it straightens.

I'd start by measuring the suspension mounting points, if they are out of place, replace the tunnel.

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
my 2 cents

Option one : Sell the sled as is !
Option two : Do you have insurance ?
Option Three: Contact Most Wanted Performance in Jackson and ask about rear bumpers and tunnel support systems they sell and repair sled as is , without tunnel replacement , most cost effective but you take the risk of coolant leak in the future . I have personally seen worse and amazingly surprised at the end result , it turned out very well with the repair items from the above vendor .I will see if I can get before and after pics on here .

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
At this point whatta ya got to lose??
Strip it down grab every clamp,bar porto power etc and give 'er a go.!!
Tunnel is not bad , , , coolers can be a beotch ! Then measure suspension points.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
bent tunnels can be repaired to usable condition pretty easy if the metal isn't torn too bad. Some simple C clamps and some wood blocking will get things moved back into place pretty quick. You can also use a porta power, bottle jack, or floor jack to help move things around. It all comes down to how much you want to spend and how nice you want it to look when your done.

You will need to do some kind of reinforcement when your done and your in luck there because there is a few dozen options for that when it comes to the Pro chassis. Eric

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
We had one that looked like yours and straightend it out quite easily. Got the sled back home and let it idle in the shop to near max temp. with rear bumper hanging from an overhead hoist. With the tunnel & coolers hot, we beat it back with some rubber mallets and 2x4's. Came back very close to straight.

IMG_1886.jpg

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
If you have a tractor with a bucket or an end loader, place the cutting edge at the point of the bend use a another 2x4 for a buffer. Use two bottle jacks, one at each corner butted to the coolers with a 2x4 between the jacks and the cooler. Work each jack until you have it back into place. You will need to over stretch it a little. The sides will need to be massaged with a wood block and hammer with a deadman held on the inside of the tunnel. I did an '11 Pro this way and didn't add any bracing. It was hard to tell it was bent at on time. Go slow and check your work, you may need to move the bucket.

Last edited:
Premium Features