• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help! 2015 Pro electrical gremlin

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Went to pick up my 15 Pro this week, when I was there they told me they had an issue when you give the sled gas it kicks out the mfd and the sled basically all but dies.
The techs worked on it and had it on digital wrench.
First they said the stator was bad and they would have to order one.

Then they called me and said they fixed it and it was just an electrical connection that was loose. I'm happy and go to town and pick up my sled right?

As soon as I got it home I started it ( electric start) and put it in reverse and guess what, the mfd kicks out again and the sled just bogs and won't move!

I am a little frustrated and hope I don't have a Friday sled. This is my fifth Pro and all of them have been flawless.

Any one have any ideas? Tps?

Thanks for any help!

B

BallsDeep_5280

Oct 16, 2012
CO
Take it back. Once a lemon, more than likely always a lemon.

Sorry I don't have any mechanical fixes for ya, but you shouldn't have to troubleshoot a brand new sled before you even ride it.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Back at the
Dealer now. Intermittent electrical problems scare me more than mechanical problems! They told me they had it figured out already but not so.!
It's a sno check model so I'm not sure how hard it would be to tell them to get me another?

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Tips setting is the first thing that came to my mind and the first thing I asked them about. Now it will be Tuesday at the earliest before I know anything because my dealership is closed Mondays. Grrrr

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
REFUSE this sled.I had issues with my 14 snow check Friday built sled . Started with cosmetic issues went down hill fast from there.It was a complete lemon even dealer said so.500 miles 2 blown belts, bad tss, wire short from brake line, bad injectors, stripped engine strap bolt, motor mounts in crooked, primary seized on crank, dealer had to cut off crank.End of season with grenaded belt I dumped at dealer and told them too keep it.I already had a conversation with dealer and specified their top tech is to go thru my 15 RMK 163 before delivery plus I added 3 yr bumper to bumper.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I dumped at dealer and told them too keep it.I already had a conversation with dealer and specified their top tech is to go thru my 15 RMK 163 before delivery plus I added 3 yr bumper to bumper.

it seems like you certainly had enough problems to call it a lemon but how did they take care of you?

did they just trade you out for a new 2015? or did you give them a 10k present for them to resell and just buy a new one?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I wouldn't accept it either. We didn't accept our 2013s until they had a fix for the drive shaft. For what these cost, built on a Friday or Monday issues are not acceptable.

M
Dec 3, 2008
Grande Prairie AB
I wouldn't except it either. make them give you a new one. Your the customer and therefore in the drivers seat on this one. As soon as you accept it, its all on you and it will most likely be a fight every time there's an issue. With this sport you don't want to miss any riding days because your sled isn't working, regardless of weather they take care of you or not you can't get back the day you missed. If you want reliability I hate to say it but you went to the wrong brand. :pop2:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I wouldn't except it either. make them give you a new one. Your the customer and therefore in the drivers seat on this one. As soon as you accept it, its all on you and it will most likely be a fight every time there's an issue. With this sport you don't want to miss any riding days because your sled isn't working, regardless of weather they take care of you or not you can't get back the day you missed. If you want A water buffalo I hate to say it but you went to the wrong brand. :pop2:

Fixed it for ya.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Update, they found the voltage regulator to be faulty. All seems well now.
Hope it's as simple as that

Premium Features