• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp pipe on M8

P

Pilsner

Dec 1, 2007
The pipe set works very well, best mod you could do for the 07, I also flipped my track to increase traction(second best mod).

Bilko

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2008
Cali
SLP pipe works very well just make sure you get some heat tape because it is real close to the hood at the middle left grill and airbox under headlight

A
Dec 4, 2007
Fairbanks
Awsome Pipe. Huge Differnce. I Had To Run A Box Below 3000 Feet, But Only To Keep My Egt's Down. My Wash Was Ok At 500 Feet. I Have It Set Now And Never Mess With It. Just Ride It. And Ride It Hard. :) Would Do Again In A Heart Beat.

Cameron

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
I am running the SLP Combo at 0-3000 feet. At 1850 feet the sled was lean at WOT so I got a Boondocker box an added fuel at 7850-8100. I have freinds running the pipe at 2500-6500 feet in the lower 48 and they say that they are doing fine without the fuel box. However they belive they are as lean as they can go, any other mods will require some fuel.

Jason

G
Jan 16, 2008
Mantua utah
My buddy I ride with every weekend has a slp single on his m8 and it went up for sell today when he bought his speedwerxs y pipe and single pipe plus a nmbr can I think that is what the can is called. we also ride with some buddies that have the speedw. set up and they stomp the crap out of the slp pipe with the same sleds and clutching. just thought you might consider this before buying the slp hope it helps???

tsnowak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
like the 8lb weight loss, pipe works well- however, feels like I may have lost some mid range torque. This may be due to a slight lack of fuel though, as on long WFO pulls the power does seem to drop off slightly, and the plugs look on the lean side. The pipe temp sensor probably doing its thing :). Havent checked the piston wash though. Plan to get an attitude box to add a bit of petrol when i can swing it, probably wont burn down at sea level with the built in protection these motors have, but consistant power should come from added fuel. my fuel pressure 44.5. From what SLP says and others on here above 3000ft. not an issue. I did have the reflash done in feb. Went from 77g to 75g cat weights in the primary to get 8-8200 rpm. thinking about the MTX weights SLP suggjusts, as they say the ramps are better suited to the higher rpm/torque curve. Any comment from those that have run bolth? Something interesting- track speed didnt change over stock pipe with reflash, maybe clutching off. hope this helps-

Last edited:

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
Jason, We ride from around 4000 to 7500ft. A couple of our areas start at 2000ft but begin climbing quickly so not an issue.

C
Jan 3, 2008
All right there should be some good info on how the slp pipe is working on the m8. Is it as good as what the website says? Any problems with it? Just looking for some input on what to do. If I should keep my 07 or sell it for a new 09.

I have an '07 m8 with about 420 miles on it. I ride at Cooke +9,000 feet (I believe).

I started out with a Jaws can and a D&D y-pipe. I was bit disappointed as it seemed as though stock sleds were quicker than mine. With these mods I was pulling about 7660 for RPMs. So, I decided to throw a set of Boyesen Rad Cage... my RPMs went down to 7560. WTF?

So, I brought it to the Cat shop in Cooke and asked Brandon to just "make it right". He put the SLP kit (pipe, y-pipe, can) which also required new weights on the primary, which in-turn required a shim on the spider.

Anyhow - to make a lengthy story shorter. It now pulls around 8060 on the trail (with 71g +1g rivets - SLP MTX? I think). Definite improvement over the 68g stock weights. I'll have to see what it does on the hill, but I am very optimistic.

Brandon runs close to the same setup on one of his own sleds and he said he has never heard a complaint on this setup from a number of other customers.

So far, the best modification I have done (from the seat-of-the-pants dyno ;-)

Oh ya: I still left the reeds in there. Not sure if they made a difference, or not. But too much of a pain to pull them out to see.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
it makes them rip, but there have been a few that have had to add a box to get the power out of it. Slp and speedworx are very similar I prefer the slp.
you can get more power out of anything with a bd box if you know how to tune, even the stock ones.

garciava

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
western colorado
works great on the 09 m8 at 10000' plus. piston wash looks good.

going to try it on my 07 m8 and put the RTK stuff on my 09 and see what they do

Premium Features