• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

madsigntist EZ Boards (pics)

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
04ezboardslh.jpg

05ezboardslh.jpg

10ezboards.jpg

11ezboards2.jpg

The pics were after normal riding and just stepping around the boards normally, no intentional kicks or swipes.

Quite impressed with my first ride on the EZ Boards.
I was slightly skeptical at first, but due to the cost and SIMPLICITY I gave them a shot. On top of many great reviews from others here.
There wasn't feet of fresh, but had enough to get an idea how they'll work.
No flash freezing.
An easy kick and swipe and the snow is gone, no kicking like a mad man to break up the ice and snow and pack it into your clutches and belts..
Great mod for those POW riders if you have issues w/ snow and ice pack on your boards.
Oh, and for those that think the grip level is drastically reduced, its really not, considering your not slipping or sliding around on ice/snow anymore. I felt a lot safer/solid on the boards.
Thanks Matt.

I've used Better Boards on a Nytro, so I'm familiar with cutting up tunnels and riveting on replacement boards, its time consuming and a pita.
I don't deny Better Boards (or other equivalents) work great (make sure their coated), they just take a lot of work to install and cost a bit.

No I'm not paid for this, sponsored, etc. Just a random guy on the internet giving a personal review, and props where props are due.

Last edited:
R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Update, after riding in ~3-5 feet of fresh, all day.

These still work far far better than stock boards. As pointed out earlier, no snow freezing and building up. Still easy to make a couple swipes to keep things clear.

On the super deep days, like 3'+, it still can pack into the footwell some, thats where my biggest issue was, but far far less of an issue with the EZ boards because it doesn't freeze ONTO the boards. This is primarily due to having no holes at your toes in the footwell, a design 'flaw' from Polaris, not the EZ boards (obviously).

There is some freezing to the tunnel sides (which will happen on ANY ProRMK), which I understand now is why the tunnel wrap is highly suggest (I actually knew this already, but wanted to see how the boards worked on their own first).
Considering Trimbrite Rocker Panel vinyl adhesive as a solution to the tunnel snow/ice build up. Just 1 strip along the bottom of the tunnel looks like it should work, or at least help greatly, it doesn't seem that the whole side needs to be covered at this point.

Still very happy with the cost to time invest ratio with this buy, would do again.]

This pic doesn't really show the boards that well (wasn't my intention at the time of the shot), but its the closest I have from that day. Gives you a reference anyway. :)
04tracks.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features