• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

REBUILT 2003 Polaris VES 800 f/s--SOLD!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Bought engine in 2009. Had to spend some money to get it set up but I went the right direction with the shops who did the work.

t8rz Porting and Performance, (Wayde 'turbotater' Johnson) and PSI1200/Power Addiction/Brad Wursten did the work on this engine.
Ported by Turbotater.
Heads set-up by P.A.R.
I run 3 gals of race gas in the tank at 5000-7500 feet.
Have always run premix at 38:1.
Running Castrol GTX 2-smoke oil.

It RUNS HARD!!!!

I sold my chassis and the engine wasn't part of the deal.

Included in this deal: (ALL ARE POLARIS OEM PARTS UNLESS STATED).
OEM Polaris parts purchased from Michelle, Free Agent, at Oregon Trail Sports.

FULL Engine: 14:1 Hotseat domes (cheater heads), JJ machinery crank with big bearing. Has the coolant bypass installed. Head is tapped for coolant probe (I used an Avenger III). Pistons were brand new in 2009. Can't remember if Turbotater put in Wisecos or OEM pistons. I think they are Wiseco.

Big arse heavy engine mount/torque plate: It's a BEAST. I also used to have my 1155 twin mounted on this plate in my Polaris GenII chassis. this plate will mount into nearly anything.

Primary: Balanced and rebuilt in 2009. Work done by Bill Lofton @ Wildernes Sports in Cascade, Idaho. Has a 160/310 Titanium primary clutch and OEM Polaris 10-58 Polaris weights.

Secondary: Polaris button secondary. r8 helix and blue/orange spring. 150 miles on it at most.

Twin pipes: Powder coated black. SLP body, PSI headers and flanges, PSI stingers (with the allen head adjustable back pressure bolts, and Jaws mufflers. Yes, they are hybrids. Pretty quiet for twins. I like them.

Full recoil: Phantom rope, handle, water jacket, stator...and EVERYTHING assembled. I also have 3 or 4 extra water pump belts with a NEW pulley installed in 2009. One waterpump belt is used and the others are OEM Polaris AND a couple of GATES Kevlar belts.

Carbs: Straight bored to 41.65mm with Multirange Variflow (AND ALL copper, brass and alum inlets to adjust). You will get a full range jet board and wrench for adjusting your carbs. New boots bought in 2009. NO BOOST BOTTLE installed or included. ALSO included is a complete unused Exhaust Gas Tech needle shim kit.

Perc: with indicator light.

DET: with indicator light.

Electrical: 2003 CDI for PERC, DET etc. and all electrical purchased brand new in 2009.

Reeds, V-force 3: Purchased in 2004. Petals inspected in 2010.

I'm going to list it at ($2,950 origninal) $2450 WITH EVERYTHING INCLUDED ABOVE.
BOLT THIS ENGINE IN AND GO.

You could make your rolling chassis ready to ride in 3 hours with a very reliable and well-prepped engine!!

Let's talk or make a deal!

Last edited:

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I remember the trouble you had when you bought this engine originally, and then all the work and new parts you had to put into it. It can be very difficult to find an engine that really is what the seller says it is and not a pile of crap that turns into a trainwreck like your original deal. I know this engine is the real deal. When you look at the people that are involved in building this thing, Wade, Brad and yourself, I know it is everything you say it is and probably more, and you'd have trouble building a stocker for the money your asking. Sadly I have already spent way to much on sleds this season and I haven't even got a track wet yet this year. (my wife made me say that last part) Somebody will be real happy with this thing, I don't think it will last to long.

Edit; oh ya, change your avatar, it's disturbing.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You are the man, Jay. Thanks for the plug.

Btw, all the parts in 2009 were bought from Free Agent, so she can also vouch for how much had gone into this engine.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
As promised...

I'll get better pictures with everything laid out, but here is a pair of pics that I snapped on Sunday morning.

The secondary clutch you see in that pic is a Team TIED. That is NOT the secondary clutch I have for sale.

attachment.php

attachment.php

compressedIMG_1167.jpg compressedIMG_1168.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Spring sale...$2,495.00

That's a $500 price drop.
Limited time....

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
YOLO!!!

(LMAO. I just had to say it)

631 viewers (1785 total views)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It's project season....and I can deliver within reason.

I'll be in Pocatello in mid June.

I'll be in Orem in late June.

I'll be in North Dakota and/or Black Hills in July.

I might be in Spokane in August.

(648/1951)

Last edited:

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
It's project season....and I can deliver within reason.

I'll be in Pocatello in mid June.

I'll be in Orem in late June.

I'll be in North Dakota and/or Black Hills in July.

I might be in Spokane in August.

(648/1951)
YOU WERE IN POKY AND DIDENT STOP AND SAY HEY WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features