• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket lights with delete kit

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
So, I've done a search and haven't seen a whole lot of info. Does someone have pictures and info of what lights they've used with a delete kit? I think there's some valuable info that can be shared for those looking to loose some weight and who don't need the stock light for lack of night riding. I've done the delete kit and I've got my light picked out, now I just have to fab up the bracket. Who else has done this and lets see some pictures.

My Mountain Fit headlight delete. As you can see, you can see right through to the engine so light getting through from behind shouldn't be a problem

CopyofSLED007-1.jpg

Here's another pre fab set up from Mountain fit hoods that includes the lights. I want mine behind the screen, not out front where they can get abused.

prodeletewlight.jpg

Anyone else?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Contact off road rider on SW. He has a trick bar mount with 4 LEDs. Less than 2lbs for everything. These things are bombproof. Also, if you want to scrap the lights on the sled go with a helmet light from the same source. Then the light is where you look not where the bars are pointed. More light, where you need it.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Are you set on mounting something on your sled? I carry a lead dog helmet light. It comes with a plug that you wire in to your headlight wires and you can mount the plug about anywhere. The actual light has a nice coiled up cord with a male fitting that plugs into the plug that you wired in. The base of the light has Velcro and the kit comes with an adhesive strip of Velcro for you to stick to the top or your helmet. The light and cord are very easy to store in a small backpack pocket, handlebar bag, or tunnel bag. As far as light, it's not as bright overall as the stock lights. BUT it is a bright spotlight that shines exactly where you are looking. This is great for all riding at night. Just headed out late and need to see the trail? Perfect. Where it really shines....... is night boondocking. You don't realize how beneficial having light where your eyes are pointed is compared to where the front if your sled is pointed until both setups are out together. I apologize if I'm off topic and you are set on mounting something to your sled. This is definitely my preference from experience.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Is that bracket drilled directly into the up tube or is there already and existing hole?
Hey whittaker, that is my bracket I made for my headlight delete. I did drill and tap the pyramid tube overstructure and used 3/8" bolts. It has held up great. I had this set up all last year and I have a similar head light delete as yours, I just built my own and the light I have shine right through. I made my own harness as you see in the pic and tied the wiring right into the stock headlight wires. So I just unplug that harness with the stock hood harness, I tied them into the low beam circuit, so if you don't want them on, you can just flip your stock switch to High beam and they turn off.. Also one thing to note, the stock headlights are powered by AC not DC power, so make sure you get a light that can be powered by AC power if you tie it into the stock light harness...
Here is a couple updated pics of the bracket pc'd black...
33B03AB4-C3C1-4F8D-95D3-A1CC14FA8E84-19829-000005BAECEB379C.jpg

34B40DDC-2219-4521-A78C-9A290710C063-19829-000005BAF2B00658.jpg

D8BE0099-D52F-44EF-A9A2-712267E6729F-19829-000005BB07EFEAC6.jpg

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
God .... that is amazing! I love that look! Im doing something like that my self on my IQ Assault. But i`m thinking about using the LED bar, or LED pod lights.
I have seen someone from a web shop in Sweden that lights up to 200 meters. Here in Norway where I live, we have a dark season from now too march. So we do a lot of night riding and need some lights :) Or else I would do a complete delete.
Did you have to modify any of the cables?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Hey whittaker, that is my bracket I made for my headlight delete. I did drill and tap the pyramid tube overstructure and used 3/8" bolts. It has held up great. I had this set up all last year and I have a similar head light delete as yours, I just built my own and the light I have shine right through. I made my own harness as you see in the pic and tied the wiring right into the stock headlight wires. So I just unplug that harness with the stock hood harness, I tied them into the low beam circuit, so if you don't want them on, you can just flip your stock switch to High beam and they turn off.. Also one thing to note, the stock headlights are powered by AC not DC power, so make sure you get a light that can be powered by AC power if you tie it into the stock light harness...
Here is a couple updated pics of the bracket pc'd black...
33B03AB4-C3C1-4F8D-95D3-A1CC14FA8E84-19829-000005BAECEB379C.jpg

34B40DDC-2219-4521-A78C-9A290710C063-19829-000005BAF2B00658.jpg

D8BE0099-D52F-44EF-A9A2-712267E6729F-19829-000005BB07EFEAC6.jpg

You gonna start fabbing those up in the flow 3 machine shop and sell them to members or distribute them to slope workers? :face-icon-small-win

X

XP2009

Sep 10, 2009
Lead dog

I am also running the lead dog and I'm very happy with it.

Premium Features