• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M-Series weight reduction tips?

H
May 15, 2011
Hey everyone i was just curious of any weight reduction methods on M-series sleds, particularly the M8. looking to lighten mine up. Thanks

A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
SLP pipe kit is always good and a intake, like timbersled or BDX are popular ones. BDX oil delete is also a good way to lose some weight.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
07/m8 141 Terraalps 900 bigbore kit, bmp ypipe and exhaust,jaws silencer,stm valves,bdx oil elimination and bumper kit,fastlane no snows,bdx fuel pressure regulator,dayton adj weights,shift assist,timbersled intake,timbersled mtn tamer rear skid,timbersled barkbuster frt end with fox evols diamond s hood,pure logic box,boss shorty seat,rox risers,koso dual egts koso a/r guage koso water temp guage,bdx steering post solidifier,fastlane 9 inch two wheel kit,rock rollers,timbersled antistab

took my sig line from another site...it has all my mods to lighten...and she is very light...approx 405 lbs.!!

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
mine a 2010 LE. Just looking for some moderately cheap changes.

BDX Air Intake
http://www.bd-xtreme.com/bdxblackboxx.aspx

SLP complete exhaust set up says it drops 18 Pounds!!! That is gonna be the best bang for your buck for sure!!!
http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=2&catID=2&productID=1319

If the numbers from these two companies are accurate you should save 26 pounds for under 900 dollars and more HORSEPOWER!!!!

Maybe a set of Powder Pro's just cause the Stock Ski's are junk!!!:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
If you don't already have a can, I would say the BMP powderlite is a good can for dropping weight and not sacrificing power. Stock can is 26 pounds, Powderlite is 5....... thats a cheap diet!!!!

M
Oct 20, 2009
x2 on can and BDX intake.

When you do the intake, you can also remove all the underhood insulation which is about another 3lbs.

Vent the side panels and ditch all that insulation too. Make sure your clutch side vent has frogskin so it stays dry in there.

Pull the front idlers off your rear skid and replace them with scratchers. I think the idlers with mounts are 1-2lbs each but it might be awash if you add scratchers...

I think that snow eliminators are a good way to keep your wet weight down. Everyone focuses on dry weight but when you ride and your running boards are full of snow, how much does that weigh? I would recommend Fastlanes or something similar with plastic so the snow doesn't stick. I know guys that polish their tunnels and they seem to have less snow sticking to them too.

Premium Features