• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel pressure/flow problem Push turbo M8

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
And then comes the question, what is the standard fuel pressure? Mine reads 43-45 @ idle.

no such thing as a standard...the fuel box everyone has is mapped to a baseline fuel pressure and the engine you have.....other things come to concider, but each sled might have to raise or lower the idle fuel pressure depending on where your fuel box numbers end up after you tune the sled in to a good A/F of 12.4ish......keyword ish

i had to lower mine a bit from 39 to 36 idle because my green and green/blue was at 2 when dialed in, sure it would be ok for most, but my mid was too rich and i could not lower the mid enough

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
side note - i took my old BD Nascar grade fuel reg apart two times, found nothing, replaced fuel pump and all way good...the last fuel pump i had go bad would just act up and die at idle, later in the day it would flat out not run......had to let the pump cool down for almost an hour before the sled would run again, then it would run for 2-3 hrs......drove me nuts!!!

S
Dec 11, 2007
Luleå, Sweden
Have the same problem on my BD PG 08 m8 running 6-7 psi @ sealevel.
When doing long pulls (35-40sec) the AF meter starts to climb..:(
Was thinking that the "non return" fuelrail/system could be the problem.
Do you have pictures of your install? Hard to weld on the OEM fuelrail?
Have the fuelpump and oil pump on the "fuelpump circuit" and a AEM AF and fuelpressure gauge thogeter with the BD box/EBC on the Aux outlet.

Have bought a walbro 255 pump and 875cc inj. if the the fuel rail mod does not work..

I will take some pics this week, took it apart today anyway :).

S
Dec 11, 2007
Luleå, Sweden
31152579.jpg

This is the line from the fuelrail to the regulator, drilled a hole in the end of the rail and TIG welded a nut in place, very thin material.

31152580.jpg

Fuel pressure regulator.

31152581.jpg

Returnline from regulator to tank.

30872728.jpg

You can see the line from the rail to the reg, near the clutch.

// Daniel

S
Dec 11, 2007
Luleå, Sweden
Yes you have to block the regulator in the tank. I think I put a skrew in the returnhole so the reg in the tank puts out max pressure. Have no pics of that but you will understand when you take it apart.

Premium Features